Good news! Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2021 is currently open. Australia Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2021 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is offered for masters and PhD studies. RTP scholarship provides monthly stipend, fees Offset pays for the tuition fees and allowances to assist students with ancillary costs of a higher degree by research.
The Research Training Program (RTP) is run by partaking universities on behalf of the Department of Education and Training. On 31st of December 2016, the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) was concluded and the Research Training Program (RTP) replaced it from 1st of January 2017.
Deadline: Varies, April-Oct (annual)
Institution(s): Participating Universities
Level of Study: Masters/PhD Degree
Study in: Australia
The RTP offers block awards, on a yearly basis, to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both domestic and abroad students undertaking Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees, recognized as higher degrees by research (HDRs). Applications for RTP Scholarships have to be made directly to partaking universities. Every university has its own application and selection procedure; please contact your selected university straight to discuss how to apply for the RTP scheme.
The purposes of the RTP program are to deliver flexible financial to backing the training of domestic students and abroad students undertaking postgraduate research degree at Australian universities and also to deliver graduates with the skills required to build careers in academia and other sectors of the labor market.
The platform support partnership between universities and industry and other research end-users. Details on starting a postgraduate research degree and university courses can be seen on the Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching website. Overall details about the support arrangements for students may be gotten from the Study Assist website. Regularly asked questions for students are also accessible to answer student inquiries.
Master’s by research degree or Doctorate Degree offered by participating Universities in Australia.
RTP scholarship awards are obtainable for a maximum period of two years for a research master’s degree or a minimum of three years, up to a maximum of four years (at the decision of the HEP) for a research PhD degree.
Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- An RTP Stipend to help candidates with their living expenses while studying a higher degree by research.
- An RTP Fees Award pays for the tuition fees of a higher degree by research (HDR) candidate that would otherwise have been paid by the candidate. This requires the university to completely offset tuition fee of the student. This is not a stipend.
- RTP Allowances to help candidates with auxiliary expenses of a higher degree by research (HDR). This comprises relocation expenses to undertake a HDR, HDR thesis printing and academic publication expenses and health cover expenses for beneficiaries and their dependents.
Eligibility Criteria for Australian Government Research Training Program
To be eligible to receive Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Be enrolled in an accredited higher degree by research course.
- The major eligibility conditions for an RTP are itemized in Section 1.5 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research).
Australian Government Research Training Program – How to Apply
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Australian Government Research Training Program:
- Applications for RTP Scholarship awards are required to be made directly to partaking universities.
- Every university has its own application and selection procedure; please get in touch with your selected university directly to discuss how to submit an application for the RTP scheme.
- The closing date varies per university but is around April-October every year.
- Please read the Frequently Asked Questions and check the website of the University where you intend to apply and the official website (link provided below) for additional information on how to apply for this scholarship award.
To know more about Australian Government Research Training Program, please visit official scholarship website: