AAUW International Fellowship Program is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered by The American Association of University Women, USA. International students from all world countries are eligible to apply. AAUW International Fellowship Program is only available for graduate and post graduate studies in any subject offered by university. AAUW Fellowship Program covers $18,000 to $30,000 per year, contingent upon meeting academic standards for renewal.
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) grants International Fellowships for full-time study or research in USA to women who are not United States citizens or permanent residents. Both graduate and postgraduate studies at accredited institutions are supported. Initially created to give Latin American women opportunities for graduate and postgraduate schooling in the U.S., the International Fellowships program granted its first fellowship in the year 1917. The program now includes women from around the world, and International Fellowships have been awarded to more than 3,600 women from more than 150 nations.
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Institution(s): The American Association of University Women
Level of Study: Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
Study in: USA
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- See Official Website for the remaining courses offered.
- Fellowship year: July 1, 2021–June 30, 2022
Benefits of AAUW International Fellowship Program
AAUW International Fellowship Program provide the recipients with below benefits
- Award Amounts:
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000.
- Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000.
- International Fellowship funds are available for:-
- Educational expenses.
- Living expenses.
- Dependent child care.
- Travel to professional seminars, conferences, or events, as long as it does not surpass 10 percent of the fellowship.
Eligibility for AAUW International Fellowship Program
To be eligible for AAUWInternationalFellowshipProgram, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- RequiredLanguage: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries except USA
- Have citizenship in a country other than the U.S. or possession of a non-immigrant visa if residing in the U.S. Women who are presently, or expect to be during the fellowship year, a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or double citizen with the U.S. and another nation are not qualified.
- Have an academic degree (received in the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s degree accomplished by November 15, 2020.
- Intend to dedicate herself permanently to the proposed academic plan at the time of the fellowship year.
- Intend to go back to her home country to pursue a professional career.
- Be fluent in English. Unless the applicant can verify that her native language is English (written statement required), that she received her secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an English-speaking institution (transcript required), or that she will have completed one semester of full-time study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university between November 2018 and November 2020 (transcript required), she should upload a latest ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. Institutional TOEFL marks as well as other English proficiency test scores (such as IELTS) will not be recognized. Minimum score acceptable: 550 for Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT, no older than October 2018); 79 for Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT, no older than November 2018); 60 for Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test (no older than November 2018).
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral applicants should have applied by November 15, 2020, to a recognized academic institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must show the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/first professional degree fellowships are made for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees, for example M.D., D.D.S., etc.
- Doctoral fellowships are made for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral candidates must provide evidence of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2020; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral candidates must be registered in a U.S. recognized institution situated in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- A limited number of awards are accessible to GWI members for study or research in any nation other than their own. Note that international branches of U.S. institutions are considered outside of the U.S.
- Candidates must be conducting a complete year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide financial backing for a partial year of study or research. Programs that end prior to April of the fellowship year are not eligible.
- Master’s/first professional degree and doctoral fellowships backs traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges or higher institutions. This program does not provide monetary backing for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees deeply dependent on distance-learning components. Concluding decisions about what constitutes distance learning under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
How to Apply for AAUW International Fellowship Program
Here are important steps to avail AAUW International Fellowship Program.
Prepare the following documents:
- Three recommenders who are professors or professional colleagues well acquainted with you, your work, and your academic background, in striving towards scholarly pursuits.
- Proof of highest degree.
- Proof of current enrollment (currently-enrolled applications only).
- Proof of bachelor’s degree.
- Proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree (postdoctoral applicants only).
- Formal report of TOEFL test scores or waiver demand.
- Letter of admission.
- Pass the eligibility quiz to be reviewed by the selection panel.
- Complete the application then submit it.
To know more about AAUW International Fellowship Program 2021, please visit Official Website