Scholarships are great tools for financing your education therefore, the University of Newcastle is happy to recognize the efforts of bright and motivated students thereby providing its 100 Excellence Scholarships for South Asia Students for the academic year 2022-2023.
The South Asia Excellence Scholarship has been established to attract high-performing students to study at the University of Newcastle. This is a merit-based scholarship that recognizes applicants with a strong academic background.
Description of University of Newcastle
The University of Newcastle colloquially referred to as Newcastle University, is a public university in Australia that is ranked 207th in the world by the QS World University Rankings. Its mission is to provide an exceptional student experience.
Why study at the University of Newcastle? The University’s world-class research and strong national and international partnerships drive innovation that challenges conventional thinking, breaks new ground, and changes lives. Newcastle is a research-intensive university with a vibrant and progressive research culture. They allowed learning from passionate and talented teaching staff with strong industry connections and expertise.
Brief Details of the 100 Excellence Scholarships at University of Newcastle for South Asia Students 2022-2023
- Institution: University of Newcastle
- Department: NA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Number of Scholarships: 100
- Mode of Applying: Online
- To be Taken at: Australia
Application Deadline: April 17, 2022
- Eligible Countries: Students from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honors’) (Diagnostic Radiography), Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honors) (Nuclear Medicine), Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honors’) (Radiation Therapy), Bachelor of Medical Science, and Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honors), Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honors’), Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy, Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honors’), Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honors), Bachelor of Podiatry.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Have a passport from an eligible South Asia country: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- Be commencing study in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree program at the University (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, and Higher Degrees by Research programs and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Must be an International full-fee paying student.
- The applicants must be commencing in an eligible program at an Australian or Online campus as indicated in your Letter of Offer.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses to obtain your student visa, and if eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
- Applicants must meet the University’s entry requirements.
- Then must meet the University’s language requirements.
Value of Scholarship
The scholarship is valued at AU$10,000 for each year of study under full-time study load, apportioned over each course taken (pro-rata with an approved load reduction on program plan, credits exemptions, progression, or wellbeing grounds).
- How to Apply:Applicants are required to take admission at the University. Scholarships will be automatically awarded to students who have received an offer to study in an eligible, non-quota program.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit an Academic transcript
- Completion certificate
- Evidence of English proficiency
- Passport biometric page
- For programs requiring work experience, a curriculum vitae (CV)/resume and/or letters of work experience are recommended.