Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship is currently open. Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship. This scholarship is offered for masters or PhD studies. Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarship will provide monthly basic scholarship is 850. Euro and German language lessons can be funded by the organization.
The funds for this program are provided by the Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt). The maximum length of the scholarship award is dependent on the average time or number of semesters of your studies (Regelstudienzeit). The scholarship award will firstly be given for a year and then to the end if the requirements have been fulfilled. Extensions as well as the Regelstudienzeit are likely.
The Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung’s Scholarship Department gives scholars a wide range of support, consisting of political education events and summer schools, workshops conducted both domestically as well as abroad, symposia and educational trips. It also arranges practical training in areas such as rhetoric, conflict management and other important skills, time management and self-management, bolstering academic qualifications, text and writing workshops, and certain conferences on methodology.
Deadline: October 1, 2020 / April 1, 2021
Institution(s): Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
Level of Study: Masters / PhD
Study in: Germany
- MSc and PhD degrees in any field, excluding Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary medicine.
- For MSc, maximum three years
- For PhD, maximum four years
Benefits of Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships provide the beneficiary with the following benefits:
- The monthly basic scholarship is 850,
- Euro and German language lessons can be funded by the organization.
Eligibility for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
To qualify for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: Good knowledge of English. German language proficiency (B2 level or above).
- Eligible Countries: All world countries. Predilection is given to females, students of non-academic and migrant backgrounds, the socially needy, and people living with disabilities, with accomplishment and obligation. Applications from undergraduate and doctoral scholars from scientific and technical fields are actively heartened, as well as from graduates of technical colleges.
- Applications will be acknowledged only in German or English language.
- MA Scholars must be admitted at a state or state-recognized German institution of higher education/university.
- PhD scholars must be accepted at a German university.
- Certificate of enrolment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung) for the following semester or at least a letter of admission (Zulassung) from a German institution of higher education. Your enrolment must be documented latest by the period the scholarship would commence.
- Elementary knowledge of the German language (further lessons can be funded by us). At least very decent knowledge of the English language.
- Activities in social, political and/or community services.
The selection criteria are:
- High scholarly and professional qualifications (evidence of above-average academic accomplishment at school and/or university)
- Political and social engagement according to the goals of the Rosa-Luxemburg-Stiftung
- German language proficiency (B2 level or above).
- Personal/family background
How to Apply for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships
You can apply for Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships through the online application portal. Please visit the official website below, to apply for this scholarship.
- All applicants who unfortunately did not progress in this round were informed by email
- The interview reports have arrived at the Studienwerk and are read by the selection committee members
- The selection committee meets on September 4th and 5th
- On September 7th, applicants who have received a grant will be informed by email
Dear applicants for a scholarship from the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation,
It is advised that you complete your application for a scholarship as quickly as possible once you have all the necessary documents available and uploaded. Otherwise it can lead to technical problems if too many applicants want to submit their application including the associated documents at the same time shortly before the application deadline.
To inquire further about Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung Scholarships, please visit Official Website