- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University, Chairman of the Senate and member of the Governing Council.
Among his / her functions, the Vice Chancellor shall:
- Be competent always to advice the Council on any matter affecting the policy, finance and administration of the University.
- Be generally responsible to the Council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and for ensuring the proper interpretation and enforcement of its statutes, ordinances and regulations
- Be responsible for the discipline in the University.
Qualities of the Candidate
The Applicant must:
- Be a Professor in a related discipline of not less than 10 years;
- Be with advanced knowledge of computer usage and Information Technology packages.
- Be a distinguished academic, top-notch researcher of national and international repute with a proven track record of scholarship in terms of a significant number of recognized peer-reviewed publications;
- Not have attained the age of 60 years at the time of assumption of duty;
- Demonstrate leadership qualities, training and preparation as a twenty-first century University administrator;
- Be capable of driving technological innovation in teaching, learning and research
- Be able to attract and manage research grants from both Local and International Agencies;
- Be an astute and a prudent manager of resources;
- Have a good understanding of the vision and mission of the University in its pursuit of academic excellence that is recognized globally;
- Be a person of strong character and ability to give courageous and effective leadership, as well as capable of inspiring the advancement of learning and reaching out to all persons without discrimination;
- Be of sound health and pleasant disposition, high integrity, strong moral character to inspire and maintain discipline among staff and students and not been convicted by a court of competent jurisdiction or by an Administrative Panel;
Conditions of Service
- The appointment will be for one term of five (5) years only, while salary and allowances shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in the Imo State University system and as may be determined by the Imo State Government from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letters, CV, and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document and submit a single PDF file to: [email protected] , [email protected] In addition, ten (10) hard copies of applications, CV and credentials should be sent in one envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Umuagwo, Imo State.
- All applicants are advised to convert all their documents (including application cover letters, detailed CVs (containing email addresses, telephone numbers and Zoom Ids, among others) and copies of academic and professional certificates, among others) to PDF. All applicants are to save their PDF documents with their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, Chinedu Oguaghamba Graduate / Research Assistant).
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses, telephone numbers, and/or Zoom Ids.