|Job Field||Administration / Secretarial Education / Teaching|
Duties of the Vice-Chancellor
- The Vice-Chancellor of Cross River University of Technology is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University, Chairman of Senate and Member of the Governing Council.
Among other functions, the Vice-Chancellor shall:
- Advise the Council on any matter affecting the Policy, Finance and Administration of the University.
- Be responsible to the Council for maintaining the efficiency and good order of the University and ensure discipline for the proper enforcement of the University rules and regulations.
- Regulate admissions of students, subject to guidelines and procedures approved by senate.
- Undertake any other duties that will promote the growth and development of the University in a conducive atmosphere.
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor of CRUTECH should possess the following:
- He shall be a Professor of not less than Five(5) years and possess requisite and relevant administrative and managerial experience to provide effective and dynamic leadership for the University.
- The Professor should have extensive international repute and linkage.
- Should be one with high scholastic and academic credentials who must have outstanding accomplishments in academic and public life in general.
- Should be one who is likely to command the respect and loyalty of members of staff, students and community neighbours of the University.
- Not be more than Sixty Five(65) years of age on assumption of duty.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed for a five(5) year single term of office.
Salary and Conditions Of Service
- The salary and conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Public Universities and as determined by Government and Council from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are expected to submit with their Applications twenty (20) copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others, the following:
- Full Names
- Date and Place of Birth
- Contact Address with e-mail address and telephone numbers
- Marital Status
- Academic Qualifications (Degrees with Classes), copies of credentials to be enclosed.
- Teaching, Research, Administrative and Management Experience
- Membership of Academic and Professional Bodies
- Academic Publications
- Names and addresses of three referees who should be able to attest to the candidate’s academic and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral character and uprightness. (The Candidates should request such referees to forward references directly to the Registrar, Cross River University of Technology not later than the closing date of this advertisement).
All applications are to be forwarded by hand or courier service under confidential cover in sealed envelopes to reach the
Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Cross River University of Technology,
Calabar – Cross River State.
- Candidates will be required to present a comprehensive statement of his or her Vision for the University on the day of the interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview