Location: Umuahia, Abia
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished scholar of the rank of Professor in any of the disciplines offered in the University with a minimum of ten (10) years experience on that level and demonstrable ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for such a well-established Institution;
- Be a person of proven integrity;
- Be not more than 64 years old as at the date of possible assumption of duty on 1st March, 2021.
- Command the respect of the national and international academic communities through his/her track records; evidenced by publications in high impact journals;
- Strengthen the bridges between staff, students, and other stakeholders;
- Be a person with a clear vision for the development of the University;
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health;
- Attract the much-needed funds into the University.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications each made in 30 copies with detailed Curriculum Vitae duly signed, dated, and photocopies of necessary documents attached. The Curriculum Vitae should, among other information include the following:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Phone Nos
- E-mail Address
- Position applied for
- Place & Date of Birth
- Nationality, State of Origin & Local Government Area;
- Present Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Educational Institutions attended with Dates;
- Academic Qualifications obtained with institutions and Dates
- Professional Qualifications obtained with Institutions and Dates
- Working Experience including full details of former and present post(s) with dates
- List of Publications where applicable
- Honors/Distinctions with dates
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and address of three Referees
- Candidates should request the three Referees to forward their reference letters under separate covers and addressed to the “Registrar, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, P.M.B 7276 Umuahia, Abia State”.
- The Referees should also be requested to indicate the candidate’s name, position applied for on the left hand corner of the mailing envelope and must reach the “Registrar” before the day of the Interview.
Each application must be accompanied by a copy of statement of applicants vision for the University.
In the case of candidates identified by the Council Search Team, the application shall conform with the requirements above, but in addition, a letter of consent duly signed by the candidate shall be presented along with the applications.
All applications should be forwarded in a sealed envelope (s) marked “Post of Vice-Chancellor at the top left-hand corner” by courier service to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike,
P.M.B 7267, Umuahia,
Abia State, Nigeria.