Zip / Postal Code: 930
Industry: FMCG / Foods / Beverage
- The job function will range from ensuring the health and well-being of the animals by diagnosing and controlling animal disease and treating all sick and or injured animals.
- It also includes performing surgeries where necessary; prescribing drugs, advice on animal nutrition and general care and providing professional advisory services to the management of the company on the proper care of all livestock
- The Vet doctor may also engage in research and development, consultation, administration. Good knowledge of cattle production is a major component of this position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide advisory services about the general care, medical conditions and treatment of the animals
- Examine animals to detect and determine the nature of diseases or injuries
- Control the use of drugs, maintain stocks and manage trauma
- Vaccinate animals to prevent diseases and prescribe medication
- Control breeding of animals and Ecto and Endoparasites
- Conduct research and development to advance the veterinary medicine field.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience as a Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician
- Experience conducting various types of surgeries, vaccinations and health check of animals
- Certificate in Artificial Insemination
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and at times conflicting priorities as well as tracking progress on a wide range of tasks
- Ability to perform Artificial Insemination (AI), Pregnancy Diagnosis (PD), Post mortem (PM)
- Ability to appraise and use IT packages and electronic communication methods with good analytic mind and good numeracy skills
- Knowledge of medical equipment and anaesthesia procedures
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Alan & Grant on alanandgrant.zohorecruit.com to apply