|Job Field||Administration / Secretarial|
- In accordance with the UAES, the University Librarian is a Principal Officer, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of All Library Services in the University.
- The University Librarian is a member of the University Management Committee.
- As an Academic Staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to staff members in the University Library
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants for the post of University Librarian, UAES should possess:
- Ph.D. in Library Science or related field with fifteen (15) years University experience;
- Possession of several scholarly publications, administrative experience and ability to provide academic leadership;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy University Librarian in a University or headed a library of comparable institution;
- Advanced Knowledge of ICTis mandatory;
- Membership of relevant professional association is mandatory.
- Age Requirement: Candidates must not be above the age of Fifty-nine (59) years by October 2020.
- Vision Statement: Candidate must provide a Vision Statement of not more than 500 words relating to the University in his 5-year tenure with particular reference to the administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
- In consonance with the UAES Law 2020, the appointment of University Librarian is for a single term of five  years respectively.
- Also note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for the applied position (Librarian) of State Universities and by the Governing Council of the UAES.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letters, CV, and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document and submit a single PDF file to: [email protected] , [email protected] In addition, ten (10) hard copies of applications, CV and credentials should be sent in one envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Umuagwo, Imo State.
- All applicants are advised to convert all their documents (including application cover letters, detailed CVs (containing email addresses, telephone numbers and Zoom Ids, among others) and copies of academic and professional certificates, among others) to PDF. All applicants are to save their PDF documents with their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, Chinedu Oguaghamba Graduate / Research Assistant).
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses, telephone numbers, and/or Zoom Ids.