Duties of the Office
- The University Bursar is the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the University.
- He / she will be in charge of the three broad functions of a CFO namely: Financial Controls; Treasury Management including relationships with financial institutions and Financial Planning and Budgeting.
- He / she shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the financial affairs of the University.
Qualifications for the Post
- University Bursar, who is the Head of the Bursary Department, should have a Bachelor of Science Degree or its equivalent in Accountancy / Finance and possess relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA or ACA or ANAN or ACMA, etc plus a minimum of 15 years post qualification cognate experience in a University or equivalent institutions.
- The candidate should have at least (3) years’ experience at the level not below a Deputy Bursar in a University or headed Bursary of comparable Institution or a Financial Controller in a Corporate organization. Candidates who possess FCA, MBAor M.Sc. in relevant discipline will have obvious advantage
- Candidate(s) must be ICTproficient, must be of good health and have pleasant disposition.
- He / she must possess leadership qualities, people management skills, courageous in enforcing compliance with University Financial Regulations, dependable with unassailable integrity and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Similarly, candidates will be required to work long hours and quick in generating solutions to complex problems
- The Bursar shall be required to possess skills in financial reporting, treasury management, business planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting and cost controls, tax planning / management and advanced knowledge of accounting software.
- In consonance with the UAES Law 2020, the appointment of University Bursar is for a single term of five  years respectively.
- Also note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for the applied position (Librarian) of State Universities and by the Governing Council of the UAES.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letters, CV, and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document and submit a single PDF file to: [email protected] , [email protected] In addition, ten (10) hard copies of applications, CV and credentials should be sent in one envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Umuagwo, Imo State.
- All applicants are advised to convert all their documents (including application cover letters, detailed CVs (containing email addresses, telephone numbers and Zoom Ids, among others) and copies of academic and professional certificates, among others) to PDF. All applicants are to save their PDF documents with their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, Chinedu Oguaghamba Graduate / Research Assistant).
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses, telephone numbers, and/or Zoom Ids.