Job number: 847861
Locations: Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey – Johannesburg (MEA-HQ), Gauteng, South Africa – Nairobi, Nairobi City, Kenya – Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria – Dubai (MEA-HQ), Dubai, United Arab Emirates – Other, Other, Qatar – Other, Other, Oman
Role type: Individual Contributor
Employment type: Internship
- Taking on a customer facing technical role, you’ll get to grips with the world’s most advanced technologies, see new products come to market and introduce cutting-edge technology solutions to our customers.
- We have some of the world’s biggest companies as clients. If you like the idea of developing technical solutions to help them overcome their business problems, this is the role for you.
- Technical Specialist (TS) drive the technical motions within sales driving specific solution area revenue and market share. Based on the tremendous opportunity of digital transformation across every individual and organization, we focus our broad portfolio of assets and go-to-market efforts across four key solution areas: Modern Workplace, Business Applications, Apps & Infrastructure, and Data & AI.
- As a TS, you work alongside Business Development and Solutions Architect teams who source, generate and qualify opportunities within the sales lifecycle. TSs enable, manage, and implement, cutting edge and legacy technologies in large enterprises.
- Confidence to manage executive relationships, both internally and with customers, to create business transformation.
- Combining business acumen with technological experience.
- Microsoft Product Certification, ITIL / similar ITSM knowledge is a plus.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or master’s computer science, computer engineering, IT or electrical engineering or STEM fields or related fields with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship. Alternatively still registered as a student at the time of application (South Africa).
- Passion for technology and working with customers.
- Excellent communication skills and superior customer-service oriented skills desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
- English language and local language fluency for all roles.
- Full unrestricted work authorization for your chosen location.
We are looking for candidates that have the following qualities:
- Team Player: driving digital transformation with our customers is a team sport. We need teammates who can stay maniacally focused on our customers’ satisfaction while operating in a highly-collaborative, matrixed global organization.
- Growth Mindset: your life is truly about learning-it-all. You approach every new piece of information, knowledge, and competency with insatiable curiosity. Ultimately, you’re open to the ideas of others, where the success of others does not diminish your own.
- Resourceful: you have the drive to overcome any obstacle in your work.
- Customer Focused: you learn about your customers and their businesses with a beginner’s mind and then bring solutions that meet their needs.
- Pure Challenge: demonstrated desire and ability to readily take on complex challenges and work towards solutions to seemingly unsolvable problems.
- Passion for Technology: you’re deeply motivated by the incredible opportunity of how technology can inspire and ignite change and renewal.
Benefits and Perks
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work:
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Microsoft on careers.microsoft.com to apply