Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Your role requires that you ensure all broadcasting and transmission equipment are always operational. In addition, in timely fashion carrying out design and implementation of new systems to improve broadcasting and transmission quality.
- Ensuring all broadcasting and transmission equipment are always operational
- Carrying out design and implementation of new systems to improve broadcasting and transmission quality;
- Setting up and maintaining studio & link systems required for all outside broadcast and newsgathering operations;
- Installing, configuring, and testing new broadcast equipment, systems & facilities;
- Minimizing the risk of service loss at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision;
- Offering operational support to all broadcast systems users across the entire business:
- Ensuring that News Central Technical Department keeps abreast with changing technology and always has the most appropriate technology applied ;
- Diagnosis of faulty equipment and repair or make appropriate recommendations;
- Planning maintenance schedules for all the equipment and ensuring its implementation;
- Identifying required spares and seeking their approval for purchase;
- Performing routine checks to ensure all equipment, hardware and software systems employed are fit for purpose.
- University graduate in electrical and electronics engineering, telecommunication, broadcasting, or related field;
- Good working knowledge of IP networking. Professional networking qualification will be an added advantage;
- Good knowledge of transmission systems & mediums – satellite links, microwave links, OFC links, encoding & decoding systems, DVBT2 & CAS, etc
- Good knowledge of Audio and Video Delivery over IP;
- Proficiency in server & systems administration Windows server, Linux, Windows7/8/10 and Mac OS) is essential, professional qualifications here will also be an added advantage;
- Good working Knowledge of Video Media Asset Management systems and file metadata management.
- Good working administration knowledge of post, editing and graphics systems
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- High degree of integrity and dependability.
- Over 3 years experience, relevant experience in media will be an added advantage;
- Ability to administer SQL server & basic Web development will be a big advantage.
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Organizational and time management skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet
- Team player
- Ability to think on Feet
- Ability to work unsupervised
Method of Application
Note: Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Myrtle Management Consultants on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply