- Create, implement and maintain continuous improvement and control plan for overall business logistics operations;
- Responsible for warehouse operational activities including shipping, receiving, warehouse stocking.
- Perform pricing and cost/service analysis, and own the transport management processes – selection, qualification, business reviews, and performance evaluation.
- Develop and implement overall logistics plan, in a manner that promotes low transportation and handling cost; high inventory turns;
- Establish and maintain rapport with third party vendors through genuine and exceptionally responsive interactions;
- Monitor and ensure resolution of freight payment process issues between third party transporters and the Company, related to rejected freight bills, short payments, rate discrepancies, general aging issues, etc.;
- Manage a team of dedicated officers and oversee all Warehouse Associates, Drivers and Logistic Partner relationships;
- Ensure shipped merchandise is received and tracked in an efficient manner with minimal costs;
- Ensure shipments are effectively managed with quality control systems to ensure accuracy at every level of the operation in compliance with standard procedures;
- Maintain an iterative improvement approach towards inventory management, methods of distribution and other areas of improvement;
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely and professional manner; taking corrective actions where necessary;
- Assist in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Purchase and maintain vehicles for deliveries.
- Develop efficient driver schedules to maximize profits; register and license all vehicles under BG management.
- Develop strategies for greater fuel efficiency; maintain detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Ensure strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- This position reports to Head, Last Mile Logistics.
- Experience in Logistics Management Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Transport & Logistics Management, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or any related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in inventory management, supply chain management, transportation, and distribution center operations with at least 2 years in a logistics/transportation role;
- Experience successfully leading a team to achieve results;
- Previous hands-on experience in negotiations;
- In-depth experience in freight cost analysis;
- Ability to plan, execute & manage local and regional logistics projects – ensuring continuous improvement to business operations;
- Strong communication, problem solving and management skills;
- Ability to engage and influence direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Be a mentor, coach and a great people leader: build strong relationships and team, hire great people, commit to the growth of individuals on team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G-Suite products.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and an eye for details and problem solving.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Babban Gona on babbangona.zohorecruit.com to apply