- The Strategic Information (SI) Director Advisor for TMEC/RISE will provide high-level technical leadership and guidance in planning and implementing appropriate SI/M&E systems, activities and technical assistance for RISE/Nigeria.
- The director will also provide additional supports to other Jhpiego projects as necessary
- Provide leadership and direction on SI/M&E activities to ensure technical and financial integrity to achieve TMEC/RISE-Nigeria’s goals, objectives and targets and other Jhpiego projects as necessary
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team to ensure success in meeting TMEC/RISE-Nigeria’s goals, objectives and targets
- Lead development of project PMP and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to data management, collection, aggregation and data quality assessment and QA/QI to guide state level activities
- Lead the process of establishing an instance of DHIS2 that will warehouse facility-level data for all TMEC/RISE-Nigeria’s States and facilities
- Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for project overall and at state level
- Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor cascades of care, programmatic pivoting, and key and priority populations. Analyze progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
- Strengthen the use of data at state and facility level for program monitoring and improvement
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen for M&E/SI and data quality improvement
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources
- Supervise a team of and M&E/SI and informatics advisors, data managers and clerks to produce high-quality data and monitor program quality and progress to target
- Oversee timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to USAID, including narrative progress reports and weekly, monthly quarterly, semi-annual and annual quantitative results.
- Support and guide capacity building through trainings, mentorship and supervision on M&E/SI activities
- Promote and support knowledge management and sharing efforts
- Trouble shoot issues that arise and provide immediate solutions
- Ensure compliance to donor reporting requirements into DATIM and other formats for high frequency reporting
- Advanced degree in Epidemiology, Demography, Public Health, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; doctoral-level degree preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years’ of experience with at least 10years core monitoring and evaluation of large-scale international HIV PEPFAR-funded projects, with proven capacity in building and managing a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- Strong data management and analysis skills and advanced knowledge of PowerBI, DHIS2, and electronic medical records
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance and implementation plans to improve data quality
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to Akwa-Ibom, Cross River, Niger, and Adamawa
- References will be required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org