Career Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
- The Strategic Information (SI) Advisor for TMEC / RISE will provide high-level technical leadership and guidance at state level in planning and implementing appropriate SI / M&E and learning systems, activities and technical assistance for RISE / Nigeria.
- RISE / Nigeria will focus its support for service delivery in the following intervention areas: HIV testing services (HTS), HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV (PMTCT) with RH / HIV integration, TB / HIV service integration, Laboratory services, and health systems strengthening.
- SI Advisor as member of the state management team, will represent the project at USG partners forums, stakeholders and donor engagement related to SI and program data management system.
- Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Demography, Public Health, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; doctoral-level degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of experience with atleast 7 years’ core monitoring and evaluation of large-scale international HIV PEPFAR-funded projects, with proven capacity in building and managing a diverse team of technical and support staff
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID / PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance and implementation plans to improve data quality
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Strong data management and analysis skills and advanced knowledge of PowerBI, DHIS2, and electronic medical records
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: SPSS, Epi-Info, Stata
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org