Job ref.: req9773
Propcom Mai-Karfi was a six year DFID programme aimed at increasing incomes for the poor in Northern Nigeria through enhanced employment opportunities for increased employment and improved productivity in selected agricultural market systems in northern Nigeria. It now has a three-year extension 2018-2021 to work in a reduced number of states from mid-2018:
- Tier 1 (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe);
- Tier 2 (Gombe, Taraba and Bauchi) and
- Partnership states / Tier 3 (Kaduna, Kano and Jigawa).
- To provide field level support and information sharing for Propcom Mai-karfi programme interventions in specific markets (market chains & sectors) in accordance with the overall programme strategy within a given state.
Scope of Work:
- The State Embedded Officer supports the delivery of a number of programme interventions within a given state. This will involve field support in implementing the design, communicating, giving data / evidence when required for monitoring and reporting on all assigned interventions to line manager.
- S / he will develop and maintain close relationships with project partners while supporting the implementation of project interventions to contribute to the delivery of agreed milestones.
- Based in Gombe state, this post will require frequent travel to the field.
- The Propcom Mai-karfi staff work as an integrated team. The State Embedded Officer will be expected to contribute to other aspects of the programme.
The State Embedded Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Assist in local stakeholder analysis of selected commodity chains, and also identify and establish contact with potential agents of change.
- When required, liaise with the Results Measurement (RM) team through the Tier Lead and Market Manager on the development and implementation of appropriately tailored research tools and methods for the collection and collation of relevant information from the field.
- Assist in collecting baseline data related to interventions targeted for study or implementation by the project.
- Assist the Market Manager in the development of relevant grant agreements, Collaboration Agreements, ToRs and any other administrative and managerial requirement for the interventions
- Conduct regular field visits to ensure proper implementation of activities.
- Remain aware of, and report to the Market Manager on, developments in the relevant sectors / markets / commodity chains.
- Help identify market failures and pressure points for addressing them; help identify ways to render a given market more functional and efficient, in a manner that will benefit the poor.
- Provide weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on programme interventions where required by Market Manager, including impact assessment reports. Also provide relevant ongoing intervention activity feedback including formal and informal feedback from the field.
- At field level represent the programme in selected markets, displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions with partners, other members of the programme, and with the public.
- Take part in facilitating and managing the work of partners / co-facilitators / service providers of programme and ensure “value for money” for the tasks given.
- Support the Tier Lead, Market Manager and Results Measurement staff by being the linkage with markets,and interventions for the delivery of programme action plans and milestones.
- The State Embedded Officer will report to the Market Manager.
- S / he will also be expected to work closely with the Results Measurement team of the programme with information gathering on progress for all interventions in a given state.
- S / he will also be expected to establish and maintain good and effective working relationships with other members of the Propcom Mai-karfi team, in particular the programme’s Support team.
- The State Embedded Officer will work closely with all market partners and will be the infield face of the programme in Gombe state.
Location of Post:
- The post is domiciled in Gombe state however the incumbent will be required to make frequent travels within the State and occasionally to other Northern States.
The State Embedded Officer should have:
- A Degree, High Diploma or similar qualification in Business, Economics, Agriculture or Development Studies;
- Work experience in activities related to agricultural commodities and rural development, with some experience working with the private sector and confirmed knowledge of the institutions and organisations that provide services to the agricultural sector in Nigeria;
- Experience in data gathering and writing reports;
- Ability to influence a range of people including client organisations, government agencies and other key stakeholders by building constructive relationships through clear communication and generate effective discussion and mutual support for plans and ideas.
- Fluency in English and Hausa is essential, and proficiency in other local languages desirable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group on palladium.csod.com to apply