The Software Project Manager defines the requirements of the project, builds the project team, lays out a blueprint for the whole project including the project scope and parameters, clearly communicates the goals of the project and the targets to be achieved to the team, allots budget to the various tasks to be completed, and ensures that the expectations of TCG Management, Board members and Stakeholders are met through timely completion of the project. He/she among other responsibilities will work with the Software team and other departmental stakeholders, to identify software needs and gaps, assess, measure and communicate the impact of any software change and suggest how current applications/processes can be optimized to better serve the organization and meet set objectives. He/she will also work closely with the organization’s business leaders to bridge necessary gap and improve efficiency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and define the scope, resource, activity and sequences of all software projects
- Turn the desires of the company into technical requirements that the software development team understands
- Develop schedules, budgets and estimate time and costs.
- Set out the project boundaries and scope for projects, delegate different activities and ensure their timely completion.
- Create and execute the plan of action and ensure that it is properly monitored and enforced along the way.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks and issues, monitor and report Progress
- Performs a project review with the software development team to document any lessons learned from the software development processes.
- Oversees software testing, delivery and formal acceptance by the applicable end user
- Understand needs by fully comprehending the project’s objectives, end result, satisfactory time frame, budget and required resources.
- Properly time all the activities for the completion of projects and prepare for any delays in any of the activities.
- Serve as a Liaison and as a source of consistency throughout a project between the Software team and other departments, fielding questions and providing information for everyone involved.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional teams and management members.
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Improve systems by studying current practices, designing modifications and providing solutions to business-related problems with the use of technology
- Research, analyze and Create informative, actionable and repeatable reports that highlights relevant business trends and opportunities for improvement
- Ensure resource allocation, results and follows up with all processes with the aim to do things better, faster, and cheaper whenever possible and without sacrificing quality.
- Assist in training users or writing instruction manuals for applications deployed.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Prepare and provide timely status/technical reports to all interested parties by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Any other tasks as approved and assigned by management and/or line manager.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.