|Job Field||Medical / Health Care NGO / Non-profit|
Career Category: Program/Project Management
Theme: Health / HIV/Aids
- The Senior Program manager will work hand in hand with the senior management team to provide oversight to program implementation including strategic, programmatic, technical, financial and grants management integrity of the entire project is met.
- S/he will be responsible for oversight of workplan implementation, ensuring compliance with USG and Jhpiego regulations, developing monitoring and early warning systems and supporting state offices in overall program management.
- The Senior Program manager will coordinate with the project team and oversee staff at HQ to ensure subawards achieve program goals.
- The Senior manager will develop, maintain, strengthen and expand a collaborative approach and program documentation.
- He/she will serve as the primary point of contact on program management with donor and GoN stakeholders and will report to the Deputy Chief of party.
- Supports senior management in providing management and technical oversight of programs, ensuring that program activities are effectively and efficiently implemented
- Provides management and support to state and country teams to ensure optimum support to business performance management, work planning, project implementation, budget development and tracking, and subaward management within established policies and principles of Jhpiego, the laws of host country and within the regulations and standards set by the donor;
- Ensures that rigorous analytical management systems are in place and that senior staff are capable of enforcement of compliance of these systems to achieve financial administrative and programmatic goals;
- Oversees workplan monitoring systems development and implementation
- Provide coordination of various administrative and finance support units to ensure projects receive the quality and quantity of services required in a timely manner;
- Provides timely and accurate programmatic reports and other contractual deliverables to senior management and donors as required;
- Works with the Project leadership in communicating with donors and partners about the project
- Provides training, mentoring and coaching to program management and project staff
- Supervise and manage the program team to ensure conformity to the project goals and deliverables.
- Ensure that project activities are executed successfully, completed within time frames and project scope to meet program objectives
- Ensure timely writing of program reports for review and thereafter onward submission to Jhpiego and the donor as stipulated in sub contract agreement; provide input to manuscripts for publication and presentations as necessary
- Assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor and Jhpiego management
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, sociology, or related health, medical, or social science discipline; masters-level degree preferred.
- Program management certification also preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 10+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation.
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org