|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
- To positively influence the Hospitality & Retail Fund’s investment strategy and operating model.
- Identify and convert potential investment opportunities for the Hospitality & Retail Fund.
- Building and presenting investment cases for specific investment opportunities in Nigeria and other target African countries.
- Prospect, and be responsible for private and institutional investors for the Hospitality & Retail Fund.
- Be responsible for the Hospitality & Retail Fund’s relationship with its partners, regulators and the wider investing public.
- Analysis of financial information relating to SPV’s and investments in the Hospitality & Retail Fund.
- Oversee the financial performance of investee assets.
Diligence and Compliance:
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory requirements of the Fund are met and strictly adhered to
- Provide deal structuring and financial arranging solutions to investment projects of the Fund, and oversee the creation of SPVs for approved projects
- Be responsible for the due diligence process on target assets and asset owners on behalf of the Fund
- Ensure accurate record-keeping on all Fund and SPV activities.
- Establish cost benchmarks for the Fund’s development projects, and provide ongoing monitoring and control
- Crafting of Investment Committee Memos for presentation to the Investment Committee.
- Analysing financial information relating to SPV’s and investments in the Fund e.g. company results, profit and loss and cash flow statements
- Monitor valuation of the Fund and marking the Investment Book projecting returns for investors.
Fund Management and Investment Execution:
- Preparation of detailed financial models.
- Building and presenting investment and divestment cases for specific investment opportunities in Nigeria and other target countries and providing all necessary information needed to make investment decisions.
- Development and maintenance of consolidated project financial models for the Fund and its SPV’s.
- Monitor and evaluate the financial position of the Fund to ensure optimal deployment of investment capital.
- Oversee the financial performance of investee assets, identify trends and ensure alignment with Fund strategic objective.
- Give presentations in internal and external investment meetings and briefings.
Fund Raising and Investor Relations
- Prospecting of potential institutional and private investors into the Fund and project SPV’s.
- Prepare and deliver Investment memoranda and other presentations to prospective investors.
- Provide periodic reports to Fund investors.
- Effective participation at roadshows and other investor fora as part of the Fund’s fundraising activities.
- Maintain regular communication with investment clients and counterparties on Fund projects to ensure up to date information flow.
- Meetings with representatives from asset management firms and Fund managers to exchange ideaI
- Investment Cases / Memoranda.
- Investors Reports.
- Investment Committee memos.
- Presentations to all financial stakeholders.
- Building and presenting investment cases for specific investment opportunities in Nigeria and other target countries (40%)
- Analysis of financial information relating to SPV’s and investments in the Hospitality & Retail Fund and overseeing the performance of investee assets (40%)
- Prospecting for private and institutional investors and investor relations (20%).
- Fund Profitability and Returns Ratios: Total Return, IRR, Net Profit Margin, etc.
- Asset Ratios – e.g. NOP Margin, Debt Service Coverage, ROI, etc.
- Investment returns on exit from investments of the Fund.
- Deal flow – measured by total projects reviewed.
- Degree in Economics or Finance from an accredited university.
- MBA or Master’s in a Financial or other numerate disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 8 years post qualification experience, including at least 5 in a senior capacity in a Corporate Finance Institution.
- Experience in investment banking.
- Experience in Hospitality and / or Retail investment management.
- Working knowledge of French and / or Arabic will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification will be an added advantage.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Asset & Investment Management, Fund Businesses and the Financial Services Industry at large.
- Deal structuring
- Merger and acquisition transactions.
- Strong financial modelling and financial statement interpretation skills.
- Drafting of Information Memoranda, pitch books and teasers.
- Capital raising (debt, equity and mezzanine)
- Investors record keeping
- Knowledge of the regulatory structure in the Nigerian business environment
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project & Visio packages
- Excellent knowledge and application of financial instruments
- Strong industry network.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to relate seamlessly with colleagues and other stakeholders across jurisdictions in Africa and globally
- Investor relations.
- Integrity, diligence and tenacity.
- Analytical problem-solving.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Organization and coordination skills.
- General management ability.
- Results orientation.
- Customer focus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ARM Hold Co. on apply.workable.com to apply