- Develops new products leveraging expertise in food chemistry, food ingredient functionality and experimental design
- Manages and oversees R&D technical functions such as sensory, shelf life testing, legal label claims, product/packaging improvement
- Manages and develops scientific approaches to business needs in areas of flavor and microbial shelf life
- Provides product costs based on commodities, ingredients, and product formulations
- Responsible for sourcing ingredients and leveraging vendor expertise in ingredient functionality
- Develop and maintain product specification, ingredient statements, allergen information and formulas for seasoning blends; then incorporate respective information into the label design process as needed
- Participates in production trials and works with new product start-ups- ensure products are made to spec.
- Works with production personnel on scale up of new products, suggests initial order quantities for ingredients and packaging, obtain cost of materials
- Provides support on technical and/or quality issues
- Act as a technical resource to support quality issues, answer questions about products, production capabilities, labeling regulations
- Present new products to customers; often involves cooked preparation of multiple items or full meals
- General awareness of NAFDAC regulations, restricted/limited ingredients and approved processing procedures
- Optimizes cost/quality and process improvements contributing to increased product quality and profitability for the business
- Designs tests, interpret results and recommend next steps in product development
- Assists QA/QC in the analysis of product that generates customer complaints.
- Minimum of B.Sc. Degree in Food Science and Technology, Industrial Chemistry, Microbiology, Lab Technology or related discipline.
- Min of 7-10 years Cognate Experience years in a Food Manufacturing Firm (Bakery, Pastries, Confectioneries)
- Ability to work in accordance with safety and food safety policies
- Intermediate ability in Microsoft Office products, specifically Microsoft Excel.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word format to: [email protected] using “Senior Food Laboratory Technologist” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be shortlisted.