|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
|Experience||3 - 5 years|
Number of Subordinates: Nil
Reports to: Organizational Support Manager
The Senior Finance Officer has overall responsibility for planning, organizing, executing and reporting on all financial transactions of the Society. The Senior Finance Officer shall be responsible for applying accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures in accordance with approved accounting and legislative frameworks to enhance the operations of the society and contribute to its growth.
Role and Responsibility
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, invoices etc
- Maintain proper books of accounts and manage the Society’s cash controls.
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Manage and reconcile all accounts and make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Ensure maintenance of the general and subsidiary ledgers;
- Track expenditure and maintain relevant cash reserves;
- Ensure all expenses of the Society are within assigned program budgets;
- Review financial paperwork and procedures and make appropriate changes;
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely;
- Manage the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, expense reports, etc.;
- Ensure data integrity in all financial reporting;
- Update financial records of the Society with recent transactions and changes;
- Perform finance analysis, reporting and management tasks of the Society;
- Identify and resolve invoicing issues, accounting discrepancies and other financial related issues;
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality society training and operations at the lowest possible cost;
- Keep track of the changing trends in business processes, ensuing competition and new & changing regulatory policies to protect investors’ interests.
- Perform other duties as required.
Technical Skills Requirement
- 1st degree in Accounting, Business/financial management or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data and analysis
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Knowledge and experience of accounting software and computer applications
- Candidate must be Chartered and Certified by ANAN, ICAN, ACCA or other relevant bodies.
Knowledge and Competences
- High-level communication skills
- Stakeholder management skills
- Conflict resolution
- Experience working to and exceeding targets
- Demonstrated experience in financial accounting services including accounts payable and purchasing functions, using financial management information systems.
- Promoting accountability and results-based management: Monitoring and promoting practices, procedures and systems that support accountability and results-based management, while also influencing change in the organizational culture;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues in ways that allow the achievement of shared objectives.
- Be self-motivated
- Innovation in the provision of technical expertise: Supporting society’s advocacy by developing innovative and creative approaches to the provision of technical expertise.
- Demonstrating and applying professional and/or technical expertise/knowledge of the post or discipline.
- Focusing on the knowledge and skill areas necessary to effectively perform the functions of the post.
- Good knowledge and experience in procurement, and contract development, management and administration.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.