|Job Field||Administration / Secretarial|
Career Category: Administration / Finance
Acts as specialist in Administration for the Country Office:
- Is accountable for all daily office management matters including maintenance and logistics, travel and visit planning, meeting organization, reception, general secretarial duties.
- The Administration Officer will establish procedures and mechanisms for simple and streamlined administrative operations.
- S/he will ensure efficient office administration to enable and facilitate the work for all departments.
- S/he will line-manage any administration staff to ensure they function efficiently and effectively.
- Manage professional office administration and efficient operations of the Country Office in line with relevant CBM standards.
- Document and maintain updated administrative processes and procedures; initiate and lead regular reviews to ensure clarity, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that CBM is complying with in-country regulatory requirements such as registration and related annual reporting to relevant authorities (except financial regulatory requirements such as statutory accounts, audit, tax filing, social security contributions, etc., which are the responsibility of the Country Finance Manager).
- Effectively line-manage the administrative staff based on performance.
- Handle logistics including travel bookings and visitor schedules, including establishing a regular travel and visitors plan.
- Handle visa applications for visitors and expatriate co-workers.
- Handle the practical organisation of office meetings, workshops, training, etc.
- Provide secretarial duties, including handling of official correspondence with authorities, business registrations, etc.
- Provide support to the Country Director specific to the operational requirements of his/her position, such as schedule management, minute taking, report writing.
- Ensure office and property/facility management, including office cleanliness, organising and overseeing maintenance and repair works on CBM premises or on CBM assets; facilitating and following up on Accessibility and Inclusion audits.
- Put in place and maintain relevant insurance contracts.
- Ensure professional receptionist services for the office.
- Organize security of the premises, keep up-to-date contact with Security Company and oversee the security guards work.
- Take responsibility for record keeping and filing of important administrative office documentation; manage the office archives.
- Serve as custodian for and disburse petty cash fund (imprest account), liquidate and replenish in a timely manner.
- Support the timely procurement of goods and services to address the needs of the Country Office; act as a member of a vendor/supplier selection committee.
- Ensure oversight and management of Country Office IT systems and maintenance, access to Navision (where relevant), Sharepoint and other relevant programmes.
- Collaborate closely with the Country Finance and Regional HR Manager to ensure cross-functional policies, procedures and practice are harmonised and streamlined where relevant.
- Model and promote CBM’s values, culture and inclusive practices and promote disability and gender equality with colleagues.
- Support the Regional HR Manager in ensuring on-time delivery of HR services and accuracy of information.
- Provide timely and consistent HR data for the Country office to facilitate the preparation and dissemination of HR reports.
- Submit HR recruitment / contracting requests for approval in line with the Authority Structure
- Support the Regional HR Manager with administrative and logistical aspects of expatriate co-worker assignments, such as arranging house leases, security, vehicle, etc.
- Facilitate the in-country recruitment and candidate selection process.
- Ensure employment contracts are in place and inform the Country Director in a timely manner of contract end-dates.
- Coordinate the process of induction & briefing for new staff in the Country Offices.
- Coordinate the effective implementation of the annual performance management process by line managers in line with agreed timelines
- Ensure all staff have up-to-date and signed job descriptions in place.
- In addition to the responsibilities outlined in section IV above, the incumbent will upon instruction by the line-manager and the Country Director, perform ad hoc activities, which either are by their nature related to his normal duties or evolve from operational requirements. This may include but is not limited to:
- be available as a potential member of Teams of Competence regarding Administration and HR working groups within CBM.
- Office / premises cleanliness and maintenance
- Effectiveness in organising meetings / travel schedules
- Easy-to-consult office archives
- Valid staff contracts, job descriptions and performance management documentation are in place
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience:
- Academic degree in Law, General Management, Business Administration or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position within a reputable organisation, preferably a development organisation.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quality results-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks efficiently and meet critical priorities.
- Highly organised and self-directed, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and under minimal supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work outside office regular hours.
- Ability to proactively anticipate any potential issues or risks for the office and submit appropriate recommendations to address them
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity when dealing with sensitive information and issues.
- An effective team player who is able to work diplomatically and with sensitivity with individuals from a variety of cultures, professions and personal backgrounds.
- Advantage of lived experience with disability.
- Reflect CBM values in daily work.
- English professional proficiency
- Working knowledge of French will be an advantage
- Relevant local languages would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access) and good report writing skills.
- Attention to communication
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Building collaborative relationships
- Customer orientation
- Personal credibility
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commits to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy.
- CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
- The role is a permanent contract located in Abuja, Nigeria. This position has a national compensation package and is subject to local employment and immigration laws.