|Job Field||Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development|
Requisition ID: 20007226
Job Function: Sales
- This high performing business unit is looking for their next team member, a strong leader and rainmaker.
- The Sales Manager will take leadership role to develop, direct and manage all Flow Controls sales, service and educational services activities in Nigeria, Ghana & Equatorial-Guinea as part of the African Region of Emerson Automation solutions, MEA.
- This role reports into the Nigeria Country Manager with strong dotted line to the Regional Sales Manager Flow Controls – North and West Africa Region.
- The Sales Manager will systematically develop, support and implement growth strategies to achieve or exceed bookings targets for the assigned sales territory for a defined opportunity.
- Opportunities can range from targeted competitive displacement, to a specific industry application, to a defined market segment in the territory.
- Engaging with customers and the local sales organization represented by the LBP under his responsibility will in all cases be essential for the successful execution of the job function.
Your sphere of influence may also include, but may not be limited to:
- Leading the Flow Controls Business Unit for solutions, products and services sales & business development initiatives in Nigeria, Ghana & Equatorial Guinea
- Meeting or exceeding territory financial objectives (budget, etc.) as required in support of the Flow Controls MEA business plan
- Directing, developing and collaborating with and supporting sales representatives in the country
- Developing and implementing sales and service strategies for the country
- Developing and implementing plans to drive and grow the business and maximize revenue and profit from the existing installed base
- Preparing and presenting marketing forecasts, pricing surveys, competitor intelligence and country marketing plans
- Working closely with other Emerson Automation Solutions Business Units and maximize pull-through content
- Taking a pro-active role in working with the Valves Global Project Pursuit Team and local sales representatives to identify, qualify and pursue valves projects to achieve order conversion and maximize the potential for valves Business Unit and all Emerson Automation Solutions products and services
- Developing long-term relationships with senior management within customer accounts to ensure awareness of the capabilities of the Valves Business Unit and Emerson Automation Solutions
- Improving customer satisfaction by finding solutions to their needs
- Keeping up to date with developments in products, industries and market trends
- Ensuring Emerson Ethics and Trade Compliance procedures are strictly followed with all business transactions
- Recognizing and accepting HSE roles and responsibilities as defined in Emerson’s policies and procedure
To succeed, you’ll need to have:
- A Degree level in an Engineering discipline
- Progressed your career from highly technical into the sales function
- Strong familiarity with control valves
- Extensive experience in the Oil & Gas industry with a proven record of success in sales and sales management
- Solid experience with enterprise solutions, working with/on teams, with large project management in complex organizations is a plus.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Emerson on emerson.taleo.net to apply