|Job Field||Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development|
|Experience||12 - 15 years|
Functional Area: Sales
Department/Product: Packaged Foods Business
BAND: Senior Leadership role
Function: Not Applicable
Sub-Function: Not Applicable
- Olam PFB manufactures and markets a range of branded packaged food products to consumers across multiple African markets. Over the last decade the PFB business has established regional brand and market leadership positions in multiple consumer categories across targeted markets in West Africa.
- The Olam PFB portfolio currently counts eight key brands that are marketed to more than ten South and West African markets.
- The consumer categories we are present in West Africa includes: Tomato Paste, Instant Noodles, Biscuits, Confectioneries & Dairy Beverages.
Detailed Job Description
- The Sales Development Manager would be responsible for enabling the Business Units to build route to market, distributor automation, salesforce capability, salesforce automation and performance scorecards.
Key responsibilities include:
- Help develop & deploy the right ‘Route to Market’ model for each Business Unit – both short term & long term.
- Develop RTM with deep channel, customer & category understanding – General Trade, Modern Trade, E-Commerce, Institutional Trade, Hub and Spoke Rural distribution
- Develop and implement common sales processes/ systems & tools across businesses and categories
- Develop & Deploy the ‘Olam Way of Selling’ across sales organizations:
- Ritualize – ‘Day in the life’; ‘One language’
- Standardized Sales Call (at various levels).
- Managing Redistribution: Outlet Mapping, Target Setting, Daily Route Coverage Plans, Beat Plans, PJP, Productivity
- Salesforce productivity score cards (Direct Coverage, Effective Coverage, Productivity, Lines Sold…)
- Reporting Systems including DSRs, Retail Cards, Monthly Reporting, Monthly Claims (if any), Damage & Shortage Claims.
- Distributor Management: Briefing, Order Management, Stock Management, Credit Management., ROI calculations
- KPI formulation & tracking.
- Route Optimizations Devise appropriate checks and balances in the process & reporting formats.
- Develop and implement sales and distribution metrics, Drive efficiency and productivity of our Sales force and Redistribution assets
- Work on Sales Automation in the medium to long term, identify capability needs of the sales organization in terms of skills and competencies based on the business & sales
- Develop training modules for various levels of sales teams.
- Either in-house or with external help
- Innovative Methods: Role Plays; Videos…
- Adapted to local cultures.
- New members to be inducted with focus on product & functional knowledge.
- Drive structured ‘On-the-job’ training for company sales team & merchandisers – new recruits as well as current personnel.
- Provide coaching, guidance and work out professional development plans to help the sales force reach their full potential & create a world-class sales force.
- Lead and develop process of field force incentive systems & recognition programmes.
- Help in developing Trade Marketing Plans. Lead with ideas for different categories.
- Independently access the quality of service to customers. Work with Business Heads & Sales Managers to improve the same.
- Candidate with extensive exposure in Sales, Route to Market, Sales Capability Development, who has worked up from the ranks.
- Minimum 12-15 Years of work exposure in Leading Foods & Beverages Company
- Premier Institute MBA preferred.
- Willing to relocate to Lagos, Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Olam Nigeria Limited on careers.olamgroup.com to apply.