Duration: 12 Months (Non-renewable)
The sabbatical attachment offers University lecturers from the rank of Senior Lecturer and above, opportunity to undertake research or other activities that would contribute to The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd. (SPDC). It also offers them avenue to acquire industry-related experience and lectureship at the SPDC JV Centres of Excellence (CoE).
Teams / Disciplines
- Environment: Impact Assessment and Biodiversity, Environmental Toxicology, Air Quality Assessment, Hydrobiology, Water Chemistry, Hydrogeology, Ecology, etc.
- External Relations: Social Performance – Social Impact Assessment; and GMoU Implementation
- Community Health: Consultant Community Health; Obstetrics & Gynaecology; and Paediatrics.
- Oil Spill Response: Mechanized Bioremediation.
- UniBen CoE: Geology and Petroleum Engineering.
- Nigerian Content Development: Process and Project Engineering.
Applicants are expected to submit the following in the online form:
- A summary of how the candidate intends to add value to the SCiN business during the 12 months sabbatical (400 words maximum)
- Personal and educational details.
- Relevant Work Experience
- Maximum of three (3) referees
- Application letter stating team/discipline of interest.
- Research Proposal including: Study background, technical objectives, /methodology/data required, and expected outcome (1300 words maximum).
Method of Application
- Application is free and only possible online through the link above. No application by email would be accepted.
- Applicants for Research Internship must be Nigerian student currently enrolled in a Post graduate degree programme.
- Multiple applications will attract disqualification penalty.
- Only Shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
- No upload of document is required, relevant documents would be requested from shortlisted candidates.
Interested and qualified? Go to Shell Petroleum Development Company on www.shell.com.ng to apply