|Job Field||Agriculture / Agro Allied|
- Manage Babban Gona’s retail distribution channels
- Lead retail distribution initiatives to ensure continuous improvement in operational efficiency and effectiveness to allow an annual 30% increase in sales.
- Ensure merchandise is scheduled, received, unloaded, and checked as appropriate.
- Initiate and support strategies to reduce slow moving inventory, per organizational objective.
- Drive retail and supply chain management resources to allow company to maximize market share.
- Coach, develop and train retail supervisors on principles and methods to establish a safe distribution channel and working environment.
- Develop practical solutions to problems without sacrificing quality.
- Meet department’s daily, weekly and monthly goals of the distribution center.
- Achieve high performance standards while coaching, training, and developing employees on best practices of our business.
- Analyze opportunities for growth, cutting costs, reducing damages and improving efficiencies.
- Continually improve productivity targets and process improvements
- Implement standard policies/procedures to eliminate waste and improve productivity.
- Develop and manage project scope, project schedules, resource plans, and budget requirements.
- Complete status reports and communicate key issues to senior management.
- Assist in the training, monitoring, and recognition of employees’ compliance with safety policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Manage any other distribution projects.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Provide regular updates to the head of the business unit on the progress.
- This position reports to the Head, Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, or related field.
- Experience in retail distribution management
- Minimum of 4 years distribution management experience, preferably in a seed company or other agricultural company that works with a retail distribution to produce cereal seeds/grains.
- Experience in a fast paced medium to large sized distribution center environment.
- Solid knowledge of distribution operations, practices and procedures including merchandise flow.
- Strong administrative, organizational, managerial, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Leadership ability to guide and drive results from a team.
- Passion for supply chain management and constant process improvement
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to directly work with farmers and field agents to achieve optimal outcome.
- Ability to interact and build relationships with people of diverse backgrounds;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance, and a keen eye for detail;
- Ability to resolve complex issues; work independently – receiving minimal guidance;
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Babban Gona on babbangona.zohorecruit.com to apply