Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Leads pre-survey activities particularly the identification and hiring of enumerators, organisation of pre-survey trainings, identification of field-based facilitators for surveys, etc.;
- Contributes to the contextualization of data collection tools (Questionnaires, Topical Outlines) to the Nigerian (Hausa) situation;
- Links up, and entertains contacts with survey teams with State-based facilitators and other partners during data / information collection;
- Prepares appropriate logistics (cross-checking functioning of electronic devices for surveys, questionnaires for pre-test and during pre-survey trainings, etc.)
- Participates in the collection of data for the development of case studies / success stories during project implementation;
- Facilitates the registration of farmer groups as community-based seed producers in Collaboration with Nigerian-based PO4 Leaders of the AVISA Project;
- Contributes to the adequate formulation of lessons from project / program implementation;
- Checking and interpretation of datasets during and after surveys;
- Development and / or interpretation of case and / or success stories from project / program implementation;
- Farmer participatory varietal selection (FPVS) and gender inclusive processes;
- Development of AVISA M&E and other reports of activities being implemented in Nigeria;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- National Diploma in Agriculture or any other Business-related discipline with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar or same role with an international research for development organization based in the northern state.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent verbal and written command of the Hausa and English languages.
- Good knowledge of the states / Local Government Areas of the 19 states of Nigerian.
- Ability to work across discipline and within multi-cultural environments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and related applications notably Excel and PowerPoint.
- Valid Nigerian driving license.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to IITA – International Institute of Tropical Agriculture on jobs.iita.org to apply