Zip/Postal Code: 100001
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Work Experience: 5+ years
Plan, direct, or coordinate activities designed to create or maintain a favorable public image or raise issue awareness for their organization or client; or if engaged in fundraising, plan, direct, or coordinate activities to solicit and maintain funds for special projects or nonprofit organizations.
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan.
- Develop and maintain the company’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- Manage special events, such as sponsorship of races, parties introducing new products, or other activities the firm supports, to gain public attention through the media without advertising directly.
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for media kits, and develop and maintain company internet or intranet web pages.
- Design and edit promotional publications, such as brochures.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, government officials, and media representatives and use these relationships to develop new business opportunities.
- Evaluate advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- Facilitate consumer relations or the relationship between parts of the company, such as the managers and employees, or different branch offices.
- Establish goals for soliciting funds, develop policies for collection and safeguarding of contributions, and coordinate disbursement of funds.
- Assign, supervise, and review the activities of public relations staff.
- Draft speeches for company executives and arrange interviews and other forms of contact for them.
- Respond to requests for information about employers’ activities or status.
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments, and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs.
- Develop, implement, and maintain crisis communication plans.
- Formulate policies and procedures related to public information programs, working with public relations executives.
- Produce films and other video products, regulate their distribution, and operate film library.
- Client or Customer relationship and Client management, Excellent Communication skills and Managerial Attribute.
- Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Communications and Media – Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical – Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Psychology – Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation – Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Instructing – Teaching others how to do something.
- Learning Strategies – Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Management of Financial Resources – Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Oral Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Expression – The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Fluency of Ideas – The ability to come up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
- Oral Comprehension – The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Written Comprehension – The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Deductive Reasoning – The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Inductive Reasoning – The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Problem Sensitivity – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity – The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Speech Recognition – The ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Information Ordering – The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Originality – The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Near Vision – The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Category Flexibility – The ability to generate or use different sets of rules for combining or grouping things in different ways.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Afconrecruit Limited on afconrecruitltd.zohorecruit.com to apply