- In accordance with the University Law (2020), the Registrar is a Principal Officer and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the affairs of the University except financial matters, which fall within the jurisdiction of the Bursar.
- The Registrar is the chief administrative officer of the University and the repository of University documents / records.
- The Registrar is an ex-officio member of the Governing Council, and the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation AND Convocation.
- The Registrar is a member of the University Management and Head of the University Registry.
- The candidate must be a person of proven integrity, possess high moral character, an excellent manager of human resources and a team player. He must be a person with proven leadership qualities and great inter-personal skills.
- The job demands a person who can instill confidence in others as well as command loyalty and respect of people.
- The person must understand the complexity of a University system and be capable of harnessing the potentials of subordinates to attain the overall goals of the University.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants for the post of Registrar, UAES should possess:
- A good (Honours) Degree plus fifteen (15) years post qualification relevant administrative experience in University or comparable institution, with a minimum of five (5) years at the Management level;
- Possession of relevant higher degree or postgraduate professional qualification in appropriate field(s);
- Candidate must be competent in the use of ICT for management services;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy Registrar in a University or comparable institution;
- Membership of Association of Nigerian Universities Professional Administrators [ANUPA] and relevant professional associations is mandatory
- A vision and mission statement for the Registry in not more than one thousand (1000) words.
Qualities of the Candidate:
- The candidate shall be a person of high integrity and strong moral character, and with excellent interpersonal relations.
- The candidate must be able to instill confidence in others and command the loyalty and respect of people.
- The candidate must fully understand the complexity of a how a University system should work and must be able to effectively utilize its human resources to attain a world class administrative system.
- The candidate must be in good health, have advanced knowledge of ICT and must not be older than Fifty-nine (59) years at assumption of duty.
- Also in addition, the Registrar must be able to demonstrate dynamism and wisdom when confronted with crisis or undesirable situations.
- He must also be an achiever who should show exceptional abilities, qualities for institutional loyalty and networking with the outside world.
- In consonance with the UAES Law 2020, the appointment of Registrar is for a single term of five  years respectively.
- Also note that the salary and other conditions of service shall be as approved for the applied position (Librarian) of State Universities and by the Governing Council of the UAES.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are advised to arrange all application documents (including application cover letters, CV, and copies of academic and professional certificates, etc) in one document and submit a single PDF file to: [email protected] , [email protected] In addition, ten (10) hard copies of applications, CV and credentials should be sent in one envelope marked with the position applied for, to:
University of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences,
Umuagwo, Imo State.
- All applicants are advised to convert all their documents (including application cover letters, detailed CVs (containing email addresses, telephone numbers and Zoom Ids, among others) and copies of academic and professional certificates, among others) to PDF. All applicants are to save their PDF documents with their Names (first and surname) and position applied for (For example, Chinedu Oguaghamba Graduate / Research Assistant).
- All applicants are to provide valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of their referees. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via their email addresses, telephone numbers, and/or Zoom Ids.