|Job Field||Administration / Secretarial|
|Experience||1 - 2 years|
Job Type: Temporary
- The Front Desk Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the Jhpiego reception / front office including ensuring cleanliness, functioning phone system, maintaining telephone contact information, and ensuring prompt and timely assistance to all visitors and vendors
- As the first contact for the organization’s visitors, the Front Desk Assistant is expected to be professional, courteous, smart, prompt and pleasant
- The Front Desk Assistant will also assist with other front office functions like sending / receiving couriers, ensuring mail is picked from the post office and other office support tasks as needed.
- Provide support to Jhpiego staff in the office and ensure efficient and prompt operation of the reception and front office in general.
- Manage the PABX / Intercom system and ensuring that all PABX problems are reported promptly to Admin.
- Maintain incoming and outgoing mail register to manage all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Maintain and manage Invoice Register for both Country Office invoices and State offices invoices
- Receive all invoices, document and send invoices to Admin.
- Issue and receive vehicle request form and forward request to Admin for processing.
- Maintain telephone contact list with phone contact information for all Jhpiego partners, stakeholders and others associated with the program.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and promptly receive and assist visitors.
- Ensure that all in-coming mail and deliveries (documents such as proposals, invoices etc.) are correctly distributed and in a timely manner. Ensure that all Abuja and International out-going mail is correctly addressed, recorded and all mails (Abuja and international) are sent out on time and collected promptly by courier company staff.
- Ensure that all visitors to Jhpiego from Baltimore and other/overseas country offices receive the guest cell phone for use while in country. Jhpiego Nigeria office staff contacts should be given to the guest for easy access
- S/he should also ensure that all these staff numbers are keyed in the cell phone
- S/he should then ensure the cell phone including all its accessories are returned before the guest departs.
- Responsible for conference room booking and setting up and other logistics prior to meetings/training events.
- Report First Aid Box information to the Admin Manager for necessary action.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretariat Studies, Business Management and related profession.
- 1 – 2 years experience
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience as a Front Desk Officer is added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working in a busy office within the private sector especially with an international organization
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to operate and use a PABX phone system
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Receptionist (Maternity Cover)” as the subject of the mail.
- CV and Cover Letter as a Single Word document
- The title / subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.