Job ref.: R285
Job Type: Part-time
- One of the key interventions of Global Fund RSSH grant is in improvement and development of procurement and supply chain systems infrastructure and tools; a key component of these is to ensure appropriate storage capacity and conditions for health products from the port of entry to the peripheral level of the health system according to international norms and standards by refurbishment or scale-up of storage facilities.
- As part of decentralization of supply system and ongoing drive to integrate the Public Health products supply Chain with the State DRF supply chain system in Nigeria, the GF under the RSSH grant seeks to support the renovation and infrastructural upgrade of 12 selected storage facilities at States’ Central Medical Stores to Pharma grade standard.
- To advance this course, MSH seeks to engage the services of a Quantity Surveyor to conduct the assessment of the selected facilities.
- Through a combination of methodologies, the Quantity Surveyors would carry out assessment of 12 State Central Medical Stores (warehouses) for the purpose of renovating and upgrading each to pharmaceutical grade.
- The assessment would take a professional look at the warehouses as it is. In comparison with international standards, gaps would be identified and in collaboration with state actors make recommendation on what is needed to close the gaps to renovate and upgrade to the pharma-grade.
Assessment is achieving the following;
- Situation Assessment: By inspection and observation, the QS would assess current state of the warehouses and their operations. Among others, assessment parameters would include: Perimeter fencing General Space in the compound (for fleet management and future expansion) Loading bay (Material Handling Space for loading, staging and unloading) Location and structural integrity of the warehouse and Storage space Dimension of the available warehouse and the handling space and appropriateness of flooring materials and design.
- State of Power supply from the national grid and available backup Suitability of the temperature control system of the warehouse (functional air-conditioners, air extractors, automatic temperature logs, air flow regulators, humidity check etc) Availability and adequacy of Cold chain storage resources; Refrigerators, Freezers Equipment (equipment to aid warehousing operations such as racks, pallet, loading and offloading etc), safety equipment and fittings, machines and technologies / solutions (Warehouse inventory management system that is compatible with international standard e.g. WMS, scanner etc) others
- Need Assessment: Through qualitative approach, the QS would engage the state actors and standards to identify the gaps based on the situation assessment findings above. This would professionally take into account the expressed needs, perceived needs and relative needs per warehouse.
Analysis and Reporting:
- From the processes above, data would be generated, analyzed and recommendations be made that would be used to engage a contractor for renovation and upgrades. These would include
- Line list of needs (in order of priority as determined by the state) Line list of required interventions Dimension of the available warehouse and the handling space around Estimated costing of the items / milestones and the entire warehouse renovation or upgrade Prepare a detailed design of upgrade based on the findings in each CMS facility.
- Required level of effort / duration of renovation Prepare standard bill of quantities [BOQ] in relation to the upgrades required per warehouse per state. Prepare activity narrative report Submit all the above to MSH and NPSCMP as hard and soft copies.
- Report and recommendation/BoQ shall be agreed and endorsed by the state principal, CMS manager, DPS.
- Submission of well-articulated BOQ / BEME for each warehouse.
- Submission of any relevant recommendations, as applicable.
- B.Sc. / HND in Quantity Surveying
- Master’s degree in Project Management / Quantity Survey desirable
- Membership of The Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (NIQS) and Quantity Surveyor Registration Board of Nigeria (QSRBN) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years progressive work experience in Quantity Surveying roles or Project Management
- Good knowledge of donor regulations especially Global Fund, USG etc. rules on renovation / repair works
- Development of Bill of Quantities
- Verifiable evidence of performance in similar jobs
- Utilization of software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates
- Use of basic tools like excel to more advanced industry-specific costing software
- Experience using drafting software like Autodesk or Auto CAD
- Contract Administration/Management
- Project cost tracking and documentation
- Experience working closely with Architects, contractors, vendors, and project managers
- Experience of contract work with public sector/government.
Skills & Abilities:
- Practical and logical mind and a methodical way of thinking
- A creative and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Strong numeracy and financial management skills
- Negotiation and teamwork skills
- Excellent communicative skills (both verbal and written)
- Adaptable to change in a fast-paced company
- Must be self-disciplined, have great time management skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
Method of Application
- MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements.
- MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status.
- In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Sciences For Health – MSH on msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply