|Job Field||Building and Construction|
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a full-service Real Estate Development company who specializes in the entire lifecycle of Real Estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring a Quantity Surveyor.
Department: Construction and Development
Supervisor: Project Manager
The quantity surveyor will be responsible for total project cost management and operational efficiency. He is responsible for preparing cost estimates and determining optimal quantity and price of materials. The quantity surveyor should be able to negotiating appropriately and get value for money whilst ensuring the project meets all legal and quality assurance requirements and regulation. The quantity surveyor will be responsible for periodical financial review on projects, managing projects finances and also ensure adequate information flow to client.
- Carrying out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outturn values for cost, sales and margin.
- Maximizing value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations. Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / main contractor and subcontractors.
- Preparing cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
- Evaluating tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Controlling all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitoring and keeping track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Working as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carrying out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Providing advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Interim valuations and payment assessment Cost management process
- Communicating regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Managing and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitoring all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Suppling all relevant information to the Managing partners and project manager for review at the specified intervals set.
- Assisting the managing partners with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRMENTS
- A good academic qualification (degree) from a recognized university; Relevant post graduate qualifications and / or certification with NIQS ; Contract Management will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ post qualification active experience in the same position in a real estate development company / construction company.
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft office applications; Autocad, and at least one “take off” software
- Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
- Excellent communicating and negotiating skills
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
- Have good practical organization skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling.
- Be able to provide both summarized and detailed reports, on current activities.
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to use Construction Costing Software
- Demonstrable experience in construction contracts.
- Smart and professional appearance.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Customer focused.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email. (Please ensure CVs are in MS Word format only).