Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Candidate would be responsible for managing the costs on construction project. To ensure that the construction project is completed within its projected budget. Procure the services of contractors and/or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project and measure and value the work done on site:
- Prepare cost analysis based on the architectural drawings, engineering estimates, materials required, and labor involved.
- Prepare cost plans to enable design teams to produce practical designs for construction projects, which involve liaising with architects, engineers and subcontractors.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities.
- Evaluate tenders from contractors and subcontractors and, where appropriate, negotiate with the contractors.
- Control all stages of projects within predetermined budget and expenditure.
- Monitor and keep track of project progress and are responsible for the measurement and valuation of variations in the work during the contract, for agreement of interim payments and the final account.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that the requirements of the client are delivered.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Commercial vetting of sub contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, always understood and followed.
- Manage and produce accurate formal reports in accordance with business timetable.
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labour, material and sub contractor cost forecasting thus ensuring budgets adhered to.
- Supply all relevant information to the Manager and or the Managing Director for review at the specified intervals set.
- Assist General Manager and or the Managing Director with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time
- Degree in Quantity Surveying with minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- In-depth experience of Quantity Survey.
- Demonstrable experience in the following areas: Project management, Budget management, Construction procurement, Collaborative/partnership
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving ability
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- High level of creativity, imagination and vision
- The ability to work well under pressure and within budget.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cube Square Concepts Project Limited on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply