Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- We need a quality assurance officer to oversee the overall quality and safety of our products and deliveries.
- As the Quality Assurance Officer, you will maintain and continuously improve upon the Quality Assurance function to ensure compliance with industry regulations and certifications, facilitating the implementation of Quality Assurance best practices within the organization. In addition, you will plan and coordinate all quality Assurance activities and personnel, accommodating requests for quality support and communicating the policies and procedures in support of the organization.
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications
- Assessing customer requirements and communicating with suppliers to ensure that these are met
- Setting customer service standards
- Specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers
- Coordinating inspection of machinery for cleanliness
- Investigating and setting standards for quality and health and safety
- Inspecting and training of all employees for good hygiene and to ensure competency to carry out their functions affecting product quality and safety.
- Observe and evaluate processes to make appropriate decisions on issues relating to quality program adherence and improvement.
- Assist with information or research to help resolve product problems.
- Writing management and technical reports and customers’ charters
- Monitoring and acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in a food-related discipline, such as food science, microbiology, chemistry, or food industry management.
- A previous experience working in a food processing industry
- In depth understanding of quality and safety relating to food processing and packaging
- Ability to make sound, independent decisions based on functional expertise and experience
- Ability to administer a proactive management approach.
- Ability to provide leadership, support, communication and direction to clients, vendors as well as other personnel.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve beyond the routine issues.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Myrtle Management Consultants on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply