|Job Category||Project Management|
|Deadline||4pm; 2nd December, 2019.|
The Economic Community of West African States, also known as ECOWAS, was Established on May 28, 1975, via the treaty of Lagos, ECOWAS has 15-member regional group with a mandate of promoting economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries. There Headquarter is currently located at Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
They are currently recruiting candidates for the position shown below.
- The ECOWAS Commission has received Grants from the African Development Fund (ADF) and the European Development Fund (through the African Investment Facility -AflF) to cover the cost of the study on the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Project, and intends to use part of the Grant amount to finance the service contract of a Project Assistant to support the Project Implementation Unit.
- One (01 )year renewable for the Project Life Cycle based on performance
- S/He will be subject to the successful completion of a probation period of Three (Three (3) Months
Purpose of Job
- Support the administration of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) Offices to carry out the needed project management services.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project office Assistant will support the PIU Administrative Assistant in:
- Performing general office administrative duties
- Carrying out receptionist duties, greet and welcome visitors and refer them to appropriate staff members or take messages in their absence.
- Coordinating messenger service, copying, scanning, filing, handling of documentation, running errands;
- Ensuring effective and timely pickup and delivery of documents, emails and other materials to their designated destinations;
- Record incoming mails;
- Distribute incoming mails and dispatch outgoing mails including bulk mails;
- Maintain all offices clean and free from clutter;
- Make sure the office front desk is clean and create a good impression;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the superiors.
- S/He shall exhibit professionalism, diligence, and confidentiality in all activities involving the delivery of his or her duties
Qualifications and Skills required
- Shall possess a High National Diploma (HND) or a Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, General Sciences, Business Administrations or any in relevant discipline.
- Shall justify at least one (1) working year of experience in a similar position with Projects or international Organization or Public Body or; Private renowned Entity;
- Excellent Computer and Communication skills (Receiving & dispatching mails and receiving calls), including office software packages (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Good organization skills
- Ability to perform multitasks
- S/He must be fluent in English. Working knowledge of French would be an advantage
She / He would be evaluated upon the following skills:
- Punctuality on the job
- Quality of letters register books and documents maintained
- Quality of collaboration with PIU Members
- Willingness to assist in other support activities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send expressions of interest electronically (CV + Scanned copies of all certificates) to: [email protected] with copy to: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] and must be clearly marked: “Selection of Office Assistant for PIU – Abidjan-Lagos Project”.
Note: Interested applicants can also obtain further information at the e-mail addresses during working hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (local time) on working days