|Job Field||Project Management|
- The company is in Nigeria with its headquarters in London and operates in different markets worldwide.
- To help support our global transformation, we are searching for an experienced Agile Project Manager/ Scrum Master to join our team in Lagos, Nigeria. The successful candidate will work remotely for the next 3 months.
- In this role, you will be responsible for leading our team towards the successful delivery and iterations of a range of consumer facing products. You will also act as an advocate for Agile work practices, supporting & coaching our software development teams as we roll out out Agile common ways of working.
- You will need to work with the relevant teams to map out strategies to ensure the successful delivery of the organization’s overall project portfolio.
- You will have experience managing teams in an agile environment using SCRUM to deliver amazing product experiences across multiple geographies and multiple teams.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in a servant leader capacity within a cross-functional team of product, design and engineering to continuously improve performance
- Responsibility for coordination and facilitation of agile & project management processes, e.g. Risk and Issue Management, daily stand ups, task planning, backlog grooming, retrospectives, and demonstrations
- Work with Management to define requirements, success criteria and metrics for projects
- Working closely with software developers to ensure we have a prioritized set of features and user stories, as well as a plan to deliver these features to delight our users and customers
- Following best practice project management techniques in a mixed mode of delivery
- Product prototyping- Organize regular internal demos of shipped and in-progress Features
- Removing impediments by proactively monitoring status and engaging with the right personnel to find swift solutions
- Assisting with external and upward communication and reporting, providing transparency and updates to management
- Guiding and coaching the team on how to use Agile values and practices as well as on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Building a trusting and vibrant environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame or judgement, placing emphasis on conflict resolution, problem solving, and continuous improvement
- Guiding teams in the introduction of data-driven reporting showing user story points earned (completed & tested) vs. capacity burned and estimates to completion
- Facilitating delivery via collaboration, discussion, and decision making
- Prioritise objectively based on the needs of the business and end users
- Educated to degree level or similar academic credit. Relevant professional accreditation – Project Management Advanced level – (PMP / Prince 2 Practitioner / Prince2 Agile / ScrumMaster).
- 2+ years Agile and Project Management experience
- Experience working with Software Engineers building customer-facing software products/ within an Enterprise IT setting
- Good knowledge of Agile and the Scrum Manager’s role
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- A proven track record of leading short but complex projects to successful outcomes
- Proven team lead, having built high performing teams
- Business Partnership /Advisory skills
- Experience of successfully delivering and supporting IT & business change projects across global organizations, from initiation through delivery to benefit realization.
- Experience of delivering projects through numerous delivery techniques
- Experience of delivering in an environment with a focus on Continuous Improvement.
- Experience of developing and maintaining project level schedules, resource plans, budgets and financial forecasts, RAID logs, Change Requests/logs, and status reports.
- Flexible working hours
- Fantastic team culture
- Professional growth opportunities
- Dynamic working environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Rhics on www.linkedin.com to apply