The Economic Community of West African States, also known as ECOWAS, was Established on May 28, 1975, via the treaty of Lagos, ECOWAS has 15-member regional group with a mandate of promoting economic integration in all fields of activity of the constituting countries. There Headquarter is currently located at Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.
They are currently recruiting candidates for the position shown below.
- The ECOWAS Commission has received Grants from the African Development Fund (ADF) and the European Development Fund (through the African Investment Facility – Afif) to cover the cost of the study on the Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Highway Development Project, and intends to use part of the Grant amount to finance the service contract of a Project Driver to support the Project Implementation Unit.
- One (01) year renewable for the Project Life Cycle based on performance. S/He will be subject to the successful completion of a probation period of three (3) Months
Purpose of Job
- Support the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) to carry out the needed project management services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Driving PIU/Infrastructure Department Project
- Management Staff, Consultants, Development partner Staff, and any others as may be assigned on official business.
- Ensure Project Vehicle is well secured, maintained, clean and tidy and promptly report vehicle problems to the Administrative Assistant
- Undertake all necessary periodic maintenance activities including routine service, roadworthy checks, insurance, etc. –
- Maintaining a vehicle Log Book which records all movement of the vehicle as per the PIU procedures
- Operate the assigned vehicle in a safe manner in order to avoid accidents and damages;
- Ensure that the vehicle is parked at the designated time and place;
- Undertake dispatch activities for letters, documents, official items, etc. to designated stakeholders;
- Carry out office-related errands on behalf of the Project office
- Assist in the day to day office operations of the project as may be required;
- In performing the above duties, the driver shall exhibit professionalism, respect and ensure extreme confidentiality in all activities related to this assignment and the project.
Qualifications and Skills required
- Holder of at least a Higher National Diploma or its equivalent
- Holds a valid driver’s License issued officially by the Nigerian Vehicle inspectorate Office (VlO)
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years driving experience with an International organization or Public Body or; Private renowned Entity.
- S/He must be fluent in English. Working knowledge of French would be an advantage
She / He would be evaluated upon the following skills:
- Punctuality on the job
- Quality of vehicle log books maintained
- Effective maintenance of the vehicles
- willingness to assist in other support activities
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send expressions of interest electronically (CV + Scanned copies of all certificates) to: [email protected] with copy to: [email protected] , [email protected], [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected] and must be clearly marked: “Selection of a Driver for PIU – AbidjanLagos Project”.
Note: Interested applicants can also obtain further information at the e-mail addresses during working hours: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon (local time) on working days.