The Project Accountant will liaise with the Project Manager to develop a budget for both income and detail costs in line with project schedules.
Job Summary: This role requires ensuring accurate reporting and analysis of Project’s financial transactions. It will also involve effectively managing the project’s financial resources as well as recommending strategies for managing operational costs and ensuring profitability of the project. Timely, accurate and regular reporting of project’s performance is an integral part of this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Candidate will liaise with the Project Manager to develop project budget for both income and detail costs in line with project schedules, maintain and update project forecast for both costs and income throughout the project and review with the Financial controller.
- Ensure funds released for projects are properly managed and disbursed based on project budget.
- Prepare and present periodic reports on performance and profitability of the project: revenue, costs monitoring, and reporting (Gross margin, P/L, B/S)
- Ensure project cost is monitored regularly to avoid over spends, ensure the cost incurred is commensurate to level of activities.
- Drive project operations to meet cash, revenue and margin plans
- Ensure that all project activities (Revenue, costs, receivables, receipt, payments, accruals) are properly captured into the accounting software
- Work effectively with Financial controller and Project Management Team to drive project deliverables on time and in a cost-effective manner.
- Attend client’s meeting with Project Manager to defend Project variations
- Ensure timely issuance of invoice upon completion of milestone & follow up to ensure inflows are received for pending receivables.
- Prepare funding request, to be jointly reviewed by the Project Manager based on needs of the project
- Prepare and present variance report on project financials: revenue and costs
- Ensure accuracy and periodic review of receivable reconciliation is done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- A thorough knowledge of standard contract terms and how they are applied in the billing process.
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills. Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
- Problem-solving skills and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver good quality work with high levels of accuracy
- Ability to guide and effectively communicate with non-financial managers.
Qualification & Experience
- First Degree in Finance/ Accounting/ Economics
- A Post graduate degree will be an advantage
- Relevant professional qualification e.g. Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Qualification in project management (e.g. PMP certification) will be an advantage
- Exposure to Construction or Oil & Gas industry.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience (with 5+ project accounting experience in an EPC company
Monthly Salary: 250-350 thousand naira
Job Location: Warri
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the position as subject of email.