|Job Field||NGO / Non-profit|
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full time
Status: International Consultant
Since November 2016, iMMAP has been providing information management (IM) support to most humanitarian sectors responding to the crisis in northeast Nigeria. iMMAP currently supports nine sectors. The project funded by the USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) aims to strengthen the IM capacity of humanitarian sectors across the country, including support of information flow from sectors and inter-sectoral analyses. Our activities conducted throughout the past four years resulted in impactful, short, and medium-term outcomes that contributed to the improvement of the overall response.
Description of Duties
Overall Purpose of the role:
- Under the responsibility of the iMMAP Nigeria Country Representative, The Program Manager will supervise and monitor all departments and their activities in Maiduguri-Borno State related to operations implemented in order to ensure donor and internal compliance to regulations and procedures at the programmatic, logistic, administrative, security and financial level.
- Provide programmatic leadership & team management in the development and implementation of the programs.
- Support the Country Representative in maintaining strong partnerships and diversifying partnerships by identifying new partners in support of the Country Business Development Plan.
- Ensure high quality of project and program plan with effective delivery and fulfilment of objectives and utilization of budget.
- Plan the mobilisation of resources for the implementation of program activities.
- Manage a comprehensive activity plan, including resource needs analysis, covering the time frame.
- Proactively inform iMMAP Head of Office of identified opportunities, risks and risk mitigation relevant to the program planning and implementation.
- Maintain an overview of the national and regional context with a view to the strategic development of the project both in the current identified sites and potential of future program extension and expansion.
- Support programme implementation as needed, including: developing assessments, baselines, budgets, monitoring and evaluation systems, field visits to verify data, reporting and close-out.
- Directly supervise the Humanitarian Support Unit and validate requests for IM support by different partners, sector leads, government departments and other stakeholders.
- Oversee Capacity Building Program and provide support & guidance as needed.
- Brief and debrief local staff on the missions’ structure, communication channels and procedures.
- Be proactive in suggesting new programmatic developments, new areas of iMMAP support & intervention.
- Lead proactively on external coordination with other actors, (OCHA, UN sector lead agencies) at the relevant level, actively build relations and establish information-sharing channels to ensure iMMAP is well placed within the IM actors in Borno.
- Ensure training needs of teams are identified in collaboration with the Project Leads.
- Ensure that the Host Agreement of Nigeria INGOs Forum is observed and implemented.
- Builds solid relationships with key national partners including Government, Academia and others.
- Ensure all identification, selection and contracting related issues for the staff of the designated project are carried out in accordance with iMMAP guidelines.
- Ensure that staff receive appropriate and adequate training by providing coaching.
- Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
- Plan and construct the program budget.
- Ensure that budgets are spent according to donor proposals and regulations.
- Be regularly abreast of the security situation in the North East of Nigeria, keeping close coordination with the Country Security Advisor, and Global Security Advisor.
- Ensure that all staff receive a security briefing by Country Security Advisor when starting a contract.
Identification of New Programmatic Areas:
- Under the guidance of the Country Representative, participate in the update of the Nigeria Business Development Plan.
- In coordination with the Country Representative, participate in new project proposals development and donors reporting in collaboration with technical teams, project leads, Country Representative and iMMAP HQ.
- Capitalize on the good practices developed by the mission and share it with the relevant stakeholders.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programmes.
- Build relationships on behalf of iMMAP with bilateral donors, international non-governmental organisations, implementation partners and other agencies relevant to the implementation of the programme.
- If requested by the Country Representative, attend meetings, conferences, workshops and humanitarian events, related to iMMAP activities in Nigeria.
- Promote iMMAP activities in Nigeria.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of activities to iMMAP, donor, and implementation partners.
- Assist iMMAP Head of Office with forwarding strategic planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the Country Representative
- Master’s degree in Information Management or International development studies preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in programme management required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in the field of Information Management (required).
- Advanced University degree or related technical training in information management, computer information systems, database administration, knowledge management or geographic information systems.
- At least 10 years of experience with increasing responsibility in Field Coordination, Missions Support Roles, in I/NGOs or other humanitarian agencies (required).
- Experience in donors and partnership relationships, representation with a wide range of organizations and stakeholders.
- Strong management and organization skills, very good knowledge of project management and support operations (required).
- Proven and well-developed influencing and relationship-building skills in dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrable highly developed written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Grant management experience with knowledge of the grant submission processes of major humanitarian and development donors such but not limited to the USAID, OFDA, NHF.
- Experience in data collection and population monitoring.
- Strong analytical skills, and apt at turning abstract discussions into concrete ideas.
- Technical writing skills including developing proposals and reports.
- Ability to develop and carry out work plans and solve problems independently.
- Ability to perform well on tight deadlines, flexible attitude.
- Ability to have a global overview of a program
- Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
- Ability to pro-actively build relations with other stakeholders
- Ability to select, develop and lead teams.
- Ability to work based on objectives.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken in required
- Knowledge of computer applications, in particular proficiency required in MS Office.and Google Suites.
- Knowledge and experience working with Kobo Toolbox is an advantage.
- Position based in Maiduguri with travel to Abuja and potentially other locations in Nigeria.
- Consultancy Contract.
- Consultancy Fees, depending on experience + hazard pay, perdiem and lodging, R&R
- The position is expected to be a full-time position.
Method of Application
- Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
- iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
- iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
Interested and qualified? Go to iMMAP on careers.immap.org to apply