|Job Field||Education / Teaching|
Faculty: Engineering Departments: Mechanical, Marine, Civil, Electrical and Petroleum & Gas Engineering
Faculty: Marine Transport Departments: Marine Transport / Logistics Management, Ports Management, Nautical Science, and Marine Economics and Finance
Faculty: Environmental Management Departments: Environmental Management and Pollution Control, Fisheries and Aquaculture, Meteorology and Climate Change, and Marine Geology
- Candidates should possess a Ph.D Degree from a recognized university with at least twelve (12) years post-doctoral teaching, research and administrative experience in a University.
- Candidates must possess demonstrable competence to provide academic leadership.
- Candidates must also be specialists in core areas of departmental fields of study with evidence of scholarly publications in local, national and international reputable academic journals, out of which 35% must have impact factors, plus membership of relevant professional bodies.
- Candidates must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate or Certificate of Exclusion where applicable.
Conditions of Service
Salary, allowances and other conditions of service attached to this position are same as the approved Salary Structure for Federal Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Fifteen (15) copies of application with comprehensive Curriculum Vitae in a sealed envelope.
The Curriculum Vitae should include information on the following:
- Name of the Applicant in full (Surname first);
- Post Desired;
- Date and Place of Birth;
- Email Address;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Current Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children (if any);
- Educational Institutions Attended (with dates);
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates and locations);
- Name(s) and address(es) of Previous Employer (s), stating status;
- Name and address of Present Employer, Post, Date and Salary;
- Research Journal / Book Publications (where applicable);
- Administrative and Mentoring Experience (where applicable);
- Academic Distinctions / Special Awards (if any);
- Extracurricular Activities;
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees, at least one of whom must be in a position to provide reliable academic / professional opinion about the applicant.
Applicants should request their Referees to forward their views in confidential cover to the address below within four(4) weeks of this publication.
All Applications should be addressed and submitted to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Nigeria Maritime University, Okerenkoko,
P.M.B. 1005, Warri,
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for an interview.
- Applicants are strongly advised to note qualifications and cognate experience required for the post they intend to apply into so as to make sure that they are qualified.