What Success in the Role Looks Like
- Build Babban Gona e-Learning platforms, as well as the World’s Highest Impact Technology Organization
- Babban Gona aims to be the world’s highest impact organization, enabling 10 million families to have truly life changing impact, enabling them to rewrite their story. Our success to date can be traced to the fact that technology innovation has always been in our DNA. Our passionate and committed technology team of over 20 software engineers, product managers and product support team members, have developed and launched over a dozen applications to support the scaling of our impact including, the regions first Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning decision support application for smallholder farmers.
- As we prepare for the next phase of our growth, we are looking for a Product Development Lead to build Babban Gona e-Learning platforms, to equip the team aid 10 million families lift themselves out of poverty by 2030. Success in the role would include building an organization of over 50 person engineering and product team to build highly innovative e-Learning platforms for challenging low data coverage and low resource rural communities. Examples of technology include:
- Providing employees with a better e-learning platform: One of our goals is to provide a platform to enable all staff have access to a customized eLearning platform which will boost their intellectual capacity as it relates to their job function. As the Lead for Babban Gona’s Product Development Lead (eLearning), you would be required to develop or set-up a friendly LMS where employees will be equipped with the basic intellectual tools needed to achieve the general objective of the organization and drive increased impact.
- Maintaining a master database for course content: One of our core values at Babban Gona is continuous learning. To enable the business grow, it is critical that we constantly provide our team members with opportunities for learning and development. We have created the Babban Gona Leadership Institute (BGLI) with dedicated team members that provide in-house training to full-time staff, contract staff as well as our farmer-members across the organization. As we grow, we need to ensure that our capacity building approach is scalable, sustainable and impactful to our stakeholders. The Product Development Lead – BGLI eLearning System will be responsible for shaping and executing our Learning and Development strategy across the organization.
- Lead all e-Learning / LMS operations including but not limited to Engineering, Product Innovation, Data Science, Security & Infrastructure and Business Intelligence.
- Develop and lead a collaborative and agile software development approach that improves learning, while maintaining a strong focus on both quality and scalability.
- Direct the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications.
- Developing and implementing learning strategies and programs.
- Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data.
- Identify emerging technology trends and ensure the company is leveraging them when appropriate to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and drive value.
- Bring product development to a successful conclusion — on time and within budget.
- Develop schedules for each phase of the development program and monitor progress against targets. Set up reviews at each stage to ensure the program is meeting its objectives as it progresses from concept to specification, design, development and launch.
- Liaise with the senior management team to agree strategic development objectives and gain budget approval for projects.
- This position reports to Head, Enterprise Systems Engineering.
Implementing and Scaling Digital Transformations in Learning & Development:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
- Experience building eLearning/ LMS (Learning Management Systems) and Android Applications.
- Programming: Python, Java.
- Development tools: integrated environments, continuous integration, etc.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team environment and deliver successful results.
- Able to develop schedules for each phase of the development program and monitor progress against targets.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
Unlocking Potential of Team Members:
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams to meet strategic objectives is important.
- Extensive experience and passion for coaching/ mentoring a team.
Detailed Orientation and Managing Complexity:
- Extensive experience leading a complex organization and passion for getting into details to identify root cause of issues and create innovative solutions.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Babban Gona on babbangona.zohorecruit.com to apply