|Job Field||Logistics Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain|
Locations: North West, North Central, South-East and South-South
- The Procurement and Logistics Manager works closely with the project leadership team to facilitate program deliverables by overseeing procurement and logistics services to ensure required supplies of commodities, facilities and service needs for project activities are mobilised efficiently and in a timely manner.
- The position ensures effective execution of the sourcing strategy and value chain optimisation.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Manage the commodities planning, procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control, logistics and distribution, customs clearance, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities,
- Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure the timely delivery of commodities using the most appropriate procurement procedures,
- Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardising quality and service delivery,
- Ensure full compliance with donor procurement rules and regulations and appropriate procurement policies and procedures,
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that the prices paid for commodities are in line with local market prices,
- Develop and manage the rosters of suppliers, elaborate supplier selection, and evaluation, quality, and performance measurement mechanisms,
- Prepare service delivery contracts, leases, and purchase orders for all acquisition needs.
- Manage vendor contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract.
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in Social Sciences with training in Procurement, Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Professional certification and membership of a reputable procurement and supplies body is highly desirable.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in procurement planning and management in NGO/private sector/international organisations, preferably in a health-related project, and including service procurements.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market and demonstrated experience of efficiently and efficaciously completing procurement of health-sector goods and commodities in Nigeria,
- In-depth experience with contracting, negotiations and networking and good knowledge of supplier or third-party management software
- Strong background in data analytics and ability to work on ICT tools for reporting, inventory management, logistics and supply chain management,
- Excellent problem-solving capacity, with a demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
Skills and competencies:
- The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership, analytical and organisational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- H/She will have excellent communication (both oral and written), good interpersonal skills and advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, powerpoint, and electronic mail).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Society for Family Health (SFH) on sfhnigeria.simplicant.com to apply