Location:Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
- This is a safety critical TA2 position where substantial past experience managing HSSE at the design and operational stages is mandatory. This position is responsible for ensuring that HSSE considerations are implemented into all work deliverables. This is essential to ensuring the safe and efficient work of those personnel who will be executing the tasks offshore.
- Per DCAF; TA2 provides (integrated) quality assurance for the Discipline decisions and deliverables with a significant multi-disciplinary content.
- Per other TA2 requirements; approves decisions and deliverables that are largely of single-discipline content.
- This is a 24/7 operational role, where daily technical and operational support is provided to the rig (completions/interventions), Field Support vessel (subsea intervention and installation activities), Asset (subsea IMR and flow assurance requirements).
- This role requires that the engineer be available at all times throughout the week even during the hours of the night/morning and holidays to review change requests, prepare procedures, troubleshoot issues, review lift plans and perform risk assessments. This role is not suited for an engineer who cannot make themselves available to produce technical work at any time throughout the day, 7 days a week.
- Role requires that the engineer must have sufficient technical and offshore experience related to subsea rig based and rigless intervention activities (CT, Wireline, Acid stim, suspensions, SILS equipment etc).
- Provides TA2 technical support to Wells Teams to support development of Rig completion and intervention procedures (CT, Wireline, Acid stim, plugs, Rigless SILS etc). This includes making technical input into the Well programs and ensuring that barrier philosophies are adhered to and intervention tasks are sequenced in such a way to ensure the safety of those executing the tasks.
- Develops procedures and allocate resources to facilitate well and subsea systems interventions. This is a critical position to coordinate the necessary resources and execute deep water emergency intervention. Engineer will provide technical approvals and assurance as a subsea TA-2 for all required decisions in subsea hardware, systems and intervention.
- Driver for offshore hook-up & maintenance activities and ensuring that they are executed in the most cost-effective manner in line with the business plan and in compliance with global company standards and contractual specifications.
- Has excellent knowledge of hardware & pressure control global standards/company standards and is required to ensure requirements are adhered to accordingly.
- Proficient in all aspects of subsea installation engineering, with a strong background/experience in lifting and hoisting calculations.
- Proficient in stress analysis design; will be required to review/approve and provide technical input into complex calculations and analysis.
- Responsible for providing technical, logistical, procedural, change request support to the field support vessel and Rig at all times. This involves being in constant communication with the vessel CSRs & Rig DSVs to ensure that tasks are being completed safely, as per procedure and within the allotted timeframe. Must be familiar with ROVs and ROV operations.
- Involved in design, construction, testing, installation, and start-up activities for existing and new projects.
- Provides, cost effective and efficient engineering support to inspection, maintenance and repair (IMR) for all Departmental subsea producing assets, and provides open water support for all subsea development ventures.
- Identify, schedule and execute all underwater Inspection, Maintenance and Repair (IMR) activities in line with the Maintenance Reference Plans ensuring that all executions plans are integrated with other Asset and/or project activities.
- Provide up-dates to the subsea system as-builts and documentation, consistent with procedures developed by the company organization.
- Required at times to take up role as Company Site Representative offshore on field support vessel or Rig as focal point to closely interface with Contractor Representative to ensure offshore campaign is delivered safely, within budget and with schedule.
- Back up offshore Subsea Engineer for both the Rig and FSV – must have experience in these offshore roles.
- Support management of HSE on the vessel/Rig, achievement of zero HSSE incidents. HSE Compliance as per HSE Plan, safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Certification of Technical Authority (TA-2 Level) in Subsea Systems & Intervention Engineering
- Level 5Certification IWCF (Well Intervention Pressure Control Certification)
- Pressure Control Systems / Subsea Systems Engineering / Subsea hardware Engineering / Subsea Intervention Engineering / Subsea Controls Engineering / BNW & BM Operational Experience / Rig operational experience / FSV operational experience / Operational HSE experience
- Education: B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering / Structural Engineering
- Ability to work offshore as required.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 Years-55 Years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: BENG Mechanical Engineering/ Structural Engineering
- Experience: Minimum of 10 years experience.
- Other experience: 10 – 15 years experience in Major Oil & Gas Projects
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Status: Sourcing.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Deep Blue Energy Services Limited on portal.dbesl.com to apply