|Job Field||NGO / Non-profit|
|Location||Akwa Ibom State|
|Experience||3 - 5 years|
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Cervical cancer program officer will serve the point of contact for RISE Akwa Ibom. In close working relationship with PrEP and CECAP Advisor, H/She will design, coordinate, and implement the scale-up of oral PrEP at the state, LGA, and site levels.
- The incumbent will provide technical assistance and support to state-level efforts led by the SMOH in coordination with other implementing partners and stakeholders.
- S/he will promote and ensure proper integration of PrEP with other activities particularly those related to HIV Testing services, reproductive health, family planning, and tuberculosis.
Required Qualifications/ Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences
- Advanced (Masters minimum) degree in Public Health, International Health or an advanced clinical degree in Nursing or Medicine
- A minimum of 4 – 6 years experience in a related role.
- Experience managing and providing technical expertise to a large HIV prevention, testing and treatment portfolio
- Skilled in HIV prevention, HIV testing and counseling, HIV care and treatment, quality improvement and monitoring and evaluation for HIV programs, and provision of integrated care including TB/HIV, cervical cancer screening and treatment services for women living with HIV, etc.
- Demonstrated experience training clinical or community-based healthcare workers on CECAP, PrEP, and other HIV prevention areas
- Proven skills in training, facilitation, team building, and coordination
- Strong change management, results-oriented, and decision-making skills
- Strong technical capacity to support service delivery
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the state healthcare system, particularly the public health system
- Familiarity with MOH and USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems, PEPFAR experience highly preferred
- Advanced (Masters minimum) degree in public health, international health or an advanced clinical degree in nursing or medicine
- At least 3-5 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in HIV prevention
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in implementing and/or providing technical assistance within a donor-funded project of at least $5M per year
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 suite
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities both within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org