Our client is an asset management company with a team of experienced industry expert. They currently have an opening for a Portfolio Manager.
- Follow a predetermined strategy for investment, dictated by an investment policy statement (IPS), to achieve a client’s investment objectives
- Work with investment analysts and researchers to gain a better understanding of market conditions and domestic and global developments that may impact client account balances or future investments.
- Directs all the trades the investment fund or portfolio makes during the day by making final decisions on the securities involved
- Makes the ultimate decision on what securities to buy or sell based on recommendation
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of market conditions, trends, and overall economic outlook
- Meet with high-level investors and potential investors in person or over the phone
- Perform an interview to fully understand a client’s investment needs and ensure those needs are met
- Primarily responsible for creating and managing investment allocations for private clients
- Buy and sell securities in an investor’s account to maintain a specific investment strategy or objective over time
- Determine client’s appropriate level of risk based on the client’s time horizon, risk preferences, return expectations and market conditions
- Periodically evaluate the performance of predetermined investment packages, as well as meet standards provided by regulatory organizations
- Must have a B. Sc in any field of study (MBA is an added advantage)
- Must be SEC sponsored
- Must have at least 4 years of experience working in Financial Services or Investment firm with tangible experience providing portfolio recommendations to clients or in-depth financial or market analysis
- CFA certified or any other related certification is a plus.
- Certification in Finance Risk Management very desired
- Must be highly efficiency in data interpretation and a penchant for research and analysis
- Must have in-depth understanding of financial markets, economics, and portfolio theory
- Must be customer-focused, with a desire and ability to communicate frequently with investor clients regarding their accounts and investment performances.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eRecruiter Nigeria on bit.ly to apply