|Job Field||Finance / Accounting / Audit|
Location: Herbert Macaulay Way, Lagos
- Play an active role in the strategy and direction of portfolio companies
- Working closely with the senior team to manage relationships with the investee companies.
- Support portfolio companies to improve reporting framework and optimize operational processes
- Lead the seamless transition of new investee companies into the portfolio
- Collect and analyze investment portfolio data to monitor investment returns, risk levels and propose strategies to mitigate risk.
- Liaise with deal executives on an ongoing basis to ensure monthly financial and KPI data is relevant and in line with budget
- Ensure the data that is submitted is accurate and is consistent with management accounts, board packs and other documents provided by management teams
- Provide financial analysis and support to ad hoc value enhancement projects
- Monitor and report country risk in assigned investment geographies.
- Coordinate with the Investor Relations team to ensure effective and timely communications of the progress and impact of the investment portfolio.
Strategy and Planning:
- Support the investment team in the execution of transactions by identifying and summarizing key financial terms of said transactions and facilitating their closing.
- Collaborate with members of the investment team on the design and development of investment strategies including identification and analysis of priority sectors and target geographies for investment. Develop investment pipelines through the identification of potential investee companies
- Track investment pipeline in assigned geographies and sectors to ensure alignment of capital needs with fundraising activities.
- Work jointly with the investment team and an external service provider to prepare relevant reports on the investment vehicles
Educational and Experience
- A strong academic background and should have a professional qualification or has made steps towards receiving other such qualification
- 5 years of experience at a leading consulting, private equity, investment banking or venture capital firm
- Demonstrated business judgment and project management skills
- Has an in-depth understanding of competitive market environments, inclusive sub-sector development and value chain/ market systems development.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, management, organizational and communication skills
- Previous track record of operational/reporting improvement
- Excellent MS Excel modelling and MS PowerPoint skills
- Possess an exceptional Relationship Management skills
- Possess extraordinary commercial acumen and credit understanding
- Proven ability to use emerging technology with ease
- Passionate about supporting early-stage organisations and synthesis their role in regional economies
- Possess strong problem solving, analytical and creative skills
- Proven ability to analyse and interpret research information
- Ability to communicate technical information to non‐technical people
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) Nigeria on jobs.smartrecruiters.com to apply