- The job role involves the teaching of Pipeline Design using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
- The goal is to deliver training in an efficient and hands-on manner in order for expected course outcomes to be achieved.
- Ensure the development of up to date course materials and teaching slides (if required)
- Demonstrates sound practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students diverse academic needs.
- Plan, organize and deliver course during the course duration
- Liaise with training coordinator to determine appropriate course delivery methods
- Administer Assessment/practical activities to reinforce learning
- Mark exam papers (where relevant) in accordance with marking guidelines and compute student scores
- Adhere to agreed training schedules and no. of expected course delivery man-hours
- To maintain accurate attendance records
- To conduct student evaluations in accordance with the Institute’s policies
- To make a suggestion to the training coordinator concerning improvements in curriculum
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of BSc in Mechanical, Pipeline, Chemical, Process, Manufacturing Engineering or any closely-related field
- Membership of COREN preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience in pipeline design within the oil and gas industry highly desirable
Key Skills / Competencies:
- Understanding of piping design and layout of equipment and process units in Chemical, Petrochemical or Onshore/Offshore Hydrocarbon facilities
- Excellent knowledge of Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software
- Knowledge of Autodesk’s Plant 3D will be advantageous
- Excellent drafting skills
- Excellent knowledge of all applicable codes and standards
- Excellent knowledge of safety protocols
- Project Management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must exhibit emotional stability and control.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] , [email protected] using “Pipeline Design Instructor” as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.