Req ID: 258280
Location: Ilupeju, Lagos
Job Purpose and Key Responsibilities
- To act as a single point of contact and accountability for Tech business partnering, projects and service delivery.
Stakeholder Management & Strategic Partnering:
- Provide functional and thought leadership to Tech and business leadership teams on ‘art of the possible’ to inspire and drive innovation and transformation in GSK businesses.
- To work as Tech Single Point of Contact for in-market Pharma business.
- To provide leadership and consultation to Pharma stakeholders on Tech investments and value-add activities in alignment and support of business strategic initiatives.
Service Management & Delivery:
- To ensure that Customer Satisfaction is regularly measured, analyzed, necessary corrective actions and improvement actions are taken.
- To lead / facilitate serious escalation processes in countries in scope and to lead / coordinate the Pharma Tech response to crisis situations, like unavailability of a critical system, data loss, FLU Pandemic, etc.
Support other Business Unit Operations:
- Support Consumer and Supply Chain operations where there is no Tech representation from these Business Units in case of an emergency
- Overall accountability that the in-scope market businesses obtain end-to-end Tech solutions and services as required to run the GSK business.
- To be a proactive Tech strategic business partner and thought leader for the business GM and the leadership team.
- To ensure all local security and compliance requirements are covered to mitigate risks, ensure business continuity, meet regulatory and legislation requirements. And that all local security and compliance procedures, processes and activities are strongly aligned with GSK and Pharma Tech policies, procedures and practices.
- To be a proactive member of the Pharma Export Tech LT to lead and champion strategic initiatives on behalf of the region e.g. talent and people, strategy definition and deployment, service management and improvements
- To work closely with the Pharma business to understand and ensure local business requirements, expectations and opportunities for countries in scope are identified, prioritized and represented in Pharma Tech strategies.
- To influence and actively participate in the definition and prioritization of Pharma Tech strategies and solutions.
- To work with the Pharma Tech Leadership Team and key market business stakeholders to ensure the successful and on-time strategy deployment for global, regional and local projects, target operating model and delivery of benefits.
- To ensure Tech budget and funding is approved by all stakeholders both locally and above country and manage/track the market Tech budget.
Project Portfolio Management & Delivery:
- To ensure that all pre-project business analyses and other activities necessary to build Business Case, start projects and control budget are delivered.
- Define problem statement and involve proper Tech and non-Tech stakeholders, specialists and Business Consultants necessary to deliver Business Case and start project and ensure successful project delivery.
- To ensure business users of new and / or changed Tech systems modify their processes and / or ways of working to derive the planned benefits from the system.
- Operate as a full member of Export Tech Team
- Operate as a full member of the market Pharma Leadership Team.
- Manage relationships in Global-Tech, Pharma Tech and Business in the market supported with the inherent complexity of languages, cultures and economies.
- Work closely with key Global tech, Pharma Tech peers and other functional business partners
- Establish and drive effective and efficient ways of working (e.g. Customer Boards) to ensure that Tech strategies and shared services are delivered seamlessly to in-country businesses.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- At least 8 years’ relevant experience in the application of information technology to solve business problems, with at least 2 years’ experience in Tech management and relationship management with Tech vendors and in-sourced Tech service providers
- Demonstrable digital data and analytics skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of system design principles and methodologies including requirements management, change management, issue management, financial management and quality control
- Good knowledge of business & cross-company processes and strategies and good understanding of how the business processes are supported by key Tech systems (ERP, CRM, HR respectively). Hands-on experience in a program or project role will be a bonus.
- Regional working experience and proven track record in leading and influencing cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to manage complexity and derive simplicity from it whenever possible
- Strong matrix working skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong Account Management skills & customer focus
- Budget management experience
- Strong management & interpersonal skills with other cultures and communication skills.
- Strong matrix management skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
- Strong multi-tasking skills and prioritisation skills with a flexible attitude as priorities change.
- Ability to proactively coach and develop staff across varying countries and cultures.
- Ability to strategic thinking, planning and fast learning. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong spoken and written skills in English required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GlaxoSmithKline on jobs.gsk.com to apply