|Job Field||ICT / Computer|
Location Lekki Phase 1, Nigeria
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious Operations Engineer with an appropriate skill set to handle operations and architectural tasks. Kudi’s mission is to make financial services accessible and affordable for all Africans. We do this by empowering our agent network with tools to act as local bank tellers in their neighborhood. As a member of the Operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring the performance execution and uptime of our technology stack. You work directly within an engineering team, handling operations tasks, and providing architectural input from an operations point of view. You will build tools to help automate your tasks and enable your team to deploy and operate in a flexible yet stable manner
Access to financial services is a prerequisite for economic development that benefits everyone. Our goal at Kudi is to provide a service that caters to the needs of everyone. Inclusion plays a significant role in advancement. We intend to be one of the forerunners by providing affordable, fast, and reliable cash payments for all Africans.
Over 1.7B people around the world do not have access to basic financial services. Kudi’s mission is to make financial services accessible and affordable to all Africans across the world. Kudi started from Nigeria, a $300B cash payment market. We are currently digitizing cash payments for over 2 million Nigerians through thousands of Agent points across Nigeria.
In a little over two years, we have grown and processed about $2B in payments and more than ₦1Billion in daily transactions. Our next target is to bank over 10 million Nigerians monthly within the next 12 months. To accomplish this mission; we are seeking passionate, goal-oriented individuals to join our team.
- BA/BSc in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 years of experience working with cloud infrastructure, e.g GKE/AWS.
- 5 years working with Linux environments, e.g. bash, systems, iptables, top, stat commands, kernel parameters, users, permissions, Coreutils (grep, awk, sed, etc).
- Master at bash/shell scripting and navigating the terminal (fg, bg, screen, ssh tunnel.
- 2 years working with SQL and NoSQL databases, e.g. PostgreSQL, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- 2 years developing in Python and using VCS, e.g. git.
- 2 years working with code as infrastructure tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Saltstack, Chef, Puppet.
- Experience working Kubernetes.
- Solid knowledge and experience in networking, e.g. HTTP, TCP, UDP, DNS, VPN ( IPSec, Wireguard).
- Solid knowledge and experience in encryption and security, e.g. AES, PKCS, X.509, OpenSSL, JWT.
- Solid experience with CI/CD tools, e.g. CircleCI, TravisCI, Semaphore, Jenkins.
- Solid experience working with container runtimes, in particular Docker.
- Experience with logging, monitoring, and alerting tools, e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Elasticsearch.
- Love for automation.
About the Position
- Ensure your team is immediately aware of production errors and prioritizes their repair.
- Provide architectural input to the teams’ development process from operations and infrastructure POV, including but not limited to requirements for monitoring, alerting, options for persistence, tradeoffs given the available hardware, etc.
- Provision cluster resources, repositories, CI/CD pipelines, and credentials for your team to consume.
- Providing updates to the entire company during outages and downtime, scheduled maintenance, and more in a professional, respectful, and timely manner.
- Strive to work at the highest standards possible along with the rest of your team.
Nice to have:
- Multilingual (programming) skills, in particular Java, node.js, Python, Golang.
- Experience with Nginx.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Cassandra.
- Experience managing Github organizations and repositories.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kudimoney on kudi.talentlyft.com to apply