|Job Field||Logistics Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain|
|Experience||2 - 5 years|
Location: Minna, Niger
Preferred Start Date: November 2020
About the Role
- We are piloting our innovative approach to improving farmer livelihoods in Niger State. In 2021, we plan to grow from 1,800+ farmers, while investing in systems, people, and processes to allow us to grow to 10,000 farmers by 2022.
- The Logistics & Procurement Coordinator reports to the Systems Associate; manage transportation, warehousing and last-mile distribution of the products we sell to farmers while trying out new approaches to ensure the pilot can scale to +10,000 farmers within the next two years.
- End-to-end vendor screening, selection, procurement and relationship management, ensuring that all One Acre Fund procurement guidelines are followed.
- Support forecasting and procurement of over +300 Metric Tonnes in products for the 2021 season.
- Manage and track all inventory on SAP and internal data-management systems
- Plan and prepare warehouse layouts to ensure effective security and efficient storage
- Coordinate the delivery to and receipt of inputs at the warehouse
- Manage and train the Warehouse Coordinator on One Acre Fund logistics policies and oversee hiring and coordination of warehouse casuals.
- Conduct monthly warehouse inventory audits
- Assess delivery sites in our farmers’ communities and schedule delivery across 20+ rural locations.
- Maintain year-round inventory and delivery of products to support sales through local markets
- Recommend changes and improvements to current pilot systems
Please Note: this is subject to addition or subtraction of responsibilities at the organization’s discretion.
- Candidates should possess Bachelor’s degree with 2-6 years work experience.
- Commitment to the One Acre Fund mission of alleviating food insecurity in Nigeria
- Willingness to look for problems and solve them collaboratively
- University degree in either supply chain, procurement or logistics and 2 years of work experience OR 6+ years proven work experience managing supply chain, procurement or logistics of a company
- Experience in supervisor role, managing small teams
- Proficiency in Google Suite, to include MS Excel for tracking Goals and inventory management; experience with SAP or similar software
- Language: English and Hausa Preferred.
- Compensation consistent with experience
- Relocation allowance
- Housing stipend
- Health insurance
- Paid time off, paternity / maternity leave
Sponsor International Candidates
- No; Must have existing rights to work in Nigeria.
Career Growth and Development
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
- We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Method of Application
- One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here ([email protected]), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
- We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Interested and qualified? Go to One Acre Fund on boards.greenhouse.io to apply